navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » The Dalai Lama
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Dalai Lama Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows

0 posted 2004-11-14 02:19 PM

Some advance notice for anyone who might be interested.

I am not promoting anything, just posting this as a courtesy announcement for any who might be in the area and who might be interested.  

"On September 25, 2005, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, spiritual and political leader of the Tibetan government in exile and winner of the 1989 Nobel Peace Prize, will visit New Jersey on the Rutgers-New Brunswick campus to deliver a talk entitled, "Peace, War, and Reconciliation."  

I am told a web site with more details will be available in the Spring; I can post it here later if there is any interest.

© Copyright 2004 icebox - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2004-11-14 02:39 PM

Hi icebox!

I would really like to hear him speak, but unfortunately NJ is too far for me to travel.  Thank you for posting this.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-11-14 10:56 PM

I was lucky enough to be invited to have an audience with His Holiness in April of this year, over a 4 day period.  He is without a doubt the most influential speaker I have ever heard.  He radiates love and peace. I have to tell you it is a once in a lifetime event you should not miss if you are in the area.

Here is a link to the visit he made to Vancouver in April with videos, and audio. http://events.onlinebroadcasting.com/dalailama/042004/index2.php?page=launch

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2004-11-14 11:00 PM

Yes, please, keep us posted!
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2004-11-15 01:11 AM

BIG HUGS to Sharon, for providing that link, and to you, mr iceman, for starting this thread.
I have the Dalai Lama's book The Art of Happiness, and have not gone past page 30...too busy with 'life', but have read his works in the past. This was the first time I have experienced him speaking directly to an audience, and it was an awe inspiring video.
I encourage everyone to take the time to watch.
Sharon, humble thanks over and over again. I had just missed him, as I was in Alaska and not able to head south until the last week of April. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there, as it was obviously an inspiring few days for all. Lucky you!
The message he brings is something everyone should hear.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2004-11-16 09:40 PM

The Dalai Lama was in Toronto earlier this year, however, I was unable to attend. A friend of mine who did go, surprised me with a piece of lapis lazuli that she had held during his talk. She said that she had specifically picked that stone for me and prayed that it would be imbued with his energy so that I could always have it with me. I also have a candle that is the 14th candle lit from a candle previously lit by him when he had been in London.

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

Love & Lama Light,
EA

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2004-11-17 02:58 AM

Well, I have to tell you the best part of the day spent in his presence was not only feeling some of his humility rub off on you, but also seeing him in his baseball cap!  As many in here know, I am a huge fan of baseball caps, and when he put one on, I began to laugh, and couldn't stop along with a lot of others in the crowd, including His Holiness.  He wears it to keep out of the harsh lights, but it was pretty nifty seeing him wearing one I tell you.  He has of late several presentations, all different on global and personal peace.  He tends to keep off the topic of politics and his people, but you can't help but hold in your heart the passion he feels for them before you leave as his love of Tibet shines through.  Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu was there on the one of the days we attended, and the humor bounced back and forth between those two was like two children playing and you could tell they were indeed dear friends.  Again, this is something one should not miss, and well worth attending if you can get tickets.  
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
7 posted 2004-11-20 12:35 PM

Wish I could attend....but......

It was nice to read all the posts against this.  Hope you enjoy the visit, Mr. C.   .......jo

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
8 posted 2005-01-24 09:08 AM

This is the web site for information about tickets, etc.:
http://www.president.rutgers.edu/dalailama/

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
9 posted 2005-06-02 06:35 PM

OK, so if anyone is interested, tickets for this event in September are now on sale.  Information is at:
http://www.president.rutgers.edu/dalailama/

Tickets are $10; cheap for spiritual enlightenment.  Of course, it is in Jersey, you know, "You want enlightenment? I got your enlightenment...right HERE!"

*smile*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » The Dalai Lama

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary