navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Update on me
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Update on me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States

0 posted 2004-08-31 11:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank Lost Dreamer for informing everyone here for my need for prayers. Now I'd like to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts of me as my family, friends and I went through and continue to go through this very scary experience. I returned home from the hospital about a week and a half ago, but the headaches still persist.  I am on so many different meds right now and I am not sure if I ever got a "real diagnosis".  I know I seem to have swelling of my optic nerves and am on Prednisone for that and possible migraines.  My vision comes and goes and it is hard for me to be on the computer for long periods of time.  I haave been having numbness in my hands and arms several times a day and times when I zone out completely. I am not sure if this is due to the medicines I am on or not as these symptoms started showing their ugly heads more after I got home.  I have a follow up appt at Loyola on Sept 22, but I need to get in touch with my drs before then cause the numbness and zoning out are frankly scaring me. I have been trying to get the drs to call me for about a week now, but they won't return my calls.

My eyes are blurring out again now so thank you all again and please keep myself and my friends and family in your thoughts as seeing me go through this is very hard on everyone.

Dawn    

© Copyright 2004 Dawn - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-09-01 12:24 PM

Dawn,
That sounds pretty scary. I fought migraines for two full years. I'm not sure what you are up against but I pray you get well. Peace.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2004-09-01 05:12 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers Dawn! Tell the doctors they have to call you back, that's what you pay them for....and take care of yourself. Let us know how you're doing, ok. Don't worry about getting online...take care of YOU.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2004-09-01 06:49 AM

Yes, what they say...it is so GOOD to see your smiling face, but your first priority is to push well, and safely, towards a good recovery from whatever "it" is that is detouring you from health.  You will remain in our prayers, little one.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2004-09-01 07:00 AM

Take care of yourself, Dawn.  Keep after those Dr's until they respond.  Your health is most important...
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
5 posted 2004-09-01 10:25 AM

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
6 posted 2004-09-02 02:46 AM

Dear Dawn,

I'm glad you felt good enough to post this yourself and will keep you in my prayers.
(((((BIG HUG)))))

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
7 posted 2004-09-22 12:34 PM

It is now almost bedtime on Sept 21st. I made it almost to clinic tomorrow afternoon. My vision has gotten to basically almost all blur now and although a lot of the pain has lessened it is still ever present in one form or another. Depression has set in a few times and although I'm thankful to finally be seeing the dr tomorrow as I have never met him nor did I have good experiences at this hospital the last time I went in I am hopeful they can find my problems and heal me so I can return to the life that I used to live and love.

Please once again keep me in your thoghts and prayers.
                       Dawn

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
8 posted 2004-09-22 04:10 PM

We will, Dawn.  Thanks for keeping us posted.  Prayers continue!
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
9 posted 2004-09-22 04:46 PM

Dawn~
I hold you continually in prayer vigil~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

Email noles1@totcon.com

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
10 posted 2004-09-23 12:04 PM

Dawn, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Update on me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary