navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Inspiration
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inspiration Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking

0 posted 2001-11-03 04:35 PM

I was just wondering If anyone could tell me of any inspirational poetry, I'm suffering from writers block and need a little jump start.  

Andrew

"The feelings are replaced, And the words have all decayed, But it's another day ,it's another day" - My Vitriol "The gentle art of choking"

© Copyright 2001 Andrew Sewell - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2001-11-03 07:03 PM

Oh Andrew...it's EVERYWHERE....

sometimes? I just start describing a simple object...othertimes it's just a word. Here...

start with this:

A simple sentence singing, sung--
a daisy chain of words undone

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-11-03 07:50 PM

Write about two colors that you normally don't see together...I wrote a poem about Olive Green and Azure Blue....write about watching a leaf dance in the wind...write about that block that descends over your head when you NEED to write and can't...last of all...listen to music that you don't normally listen to...puts you in a different world...
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2001-11-04 08:00 AM

Take a walk somewhere new or to a place you haven't been for awhile - See some new sights - Change your surroundings - Our immediate world can get stale to us and mask our muses temporarily...
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
4 posted 2001-11-04 05:13 PM

Thanks for the suggestions... I'm off to try some now...  

"The feelings are replaced, And the words have all decayed, But it's another day ,it's another day" - My Vitriol "The gentle art of choking"

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
5 posted 2001-11-04 06:02 PM

I was sitting here before my computer but no words came to my mind.
Then, a fly just came resting on the screen and suddenly I new what to write about...flies.

Just look around your room and sometimes your eye will catch one thing that brings memories up. Try to write about that.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2001-11-04 06:22 PM

LOL...I love that Titia!!! I'm hoping to write about hundred dollar bills...do you think some could float down on my keyboard? (sadly, no!)        

See! ANYTHING can inspire you....

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Inspiration

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary