navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Justice NOT Hatred
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Justice NOT Hatred Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas

0 posted 2001-09-13 08:38 AM

These past few days, I've seen hatred burn fast and furiously wiping out countless innocent lives.  I've watched as this nation has lost it's sense of security, I've felt shock and outrage alone with the rest of you...

The anger here is rising. There are talks of war, and a need for action. Perhaps like none ever in history, it is a time for us to pull together as a nation, and as humans and say this will not ever be allowed to happen again ANYWHERE!

The reactions of other countries showing their support has been tremendous.  There are volenteers who risk their lives in rescue attempts, people are giving blood, doing whatever they can to help.  The outpourings of goodness are amazing.

We have lost many innocent lives and it is only natural to feel a sense of anger.  Please make sure this anger is directed in the right direction... at the terrorists who did this heartless act.  

I've heard news accounts of people taking their anger out on other nationalities within our country... these people did not do this they cannot be held accountable.  We cannot let our nation fall to chaos and hatred in these times.  Now is the time for us to pull together regardless of nationality and speak out against this!

Please do not let your anger turn to hatred, we have already seen what hatred can do.  Instead, let us direct our anger towards justice!

Good will prevail over evil, right will triumph over wrong... we as a nation, need to remain level headed and strong !

© Copyright 2001 Shan Crider - All Rights Reserved
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
1 posted 2001-09-13 08:41 AM

Let us continue to hope and pray that calmer heads will prevail and that the many will not pay the price for the ignorance of the few. . .

well said Starr. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
2 posted 2001-09-13 09:34 AM

I will pray for that too, why is it so easy to turn love into hate and to lost ourself within.....War is no solution, it destroy to much...it doesn't comfort and don't show stability nor warant safety.

your last word said it all.

Charisma

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2001-09-14 05:19 AM

You're right, justice is needed and a war will solve nothing. Why risk more innoncent lives to prove a point?

Hopefully it won't come to that and that those attacking defenceless people for their nationality will cease. It's in no way right and should not be excused.

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
4 posted 2001-09-14 03:20 PM

America Stands Strong! Will WILL remain united!

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

[This message has been edited by Irie (edited 09-14-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Justice NOT Hatred

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary