navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Goosebump tales
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Goosebump tales Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2001-07-01 10:05 PM

Okay--I'm looking for tales of ESP experiences--I just KNOW you all have something to share! (I'm gifted that way!   )

© Copyright 2001 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2001-07-01 10:59 PM

Do OOBE's count?

Can't really say I've had a psychic experience outside of an OOBE, though I can pick up empathic emmissions, as well as give them, across any distance.

Wait...I am reminded of something. My dad is keenly interested in ESP, and used to do the card tests on us kids (star, water, circle, etc). Never could score above 50%.

And once us kids got hold of our dad's voltage meter, took the leads, and applied them to the nerve stem location where the spinal cord enters the skull. I could always max that thing out.

Other than those instances, not much on the ESP front, except for random incidences of knowing what card (suit and number) was coming next when playing poker or rummy.

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2001-07-01 11:06 PM

My little brother and I connect all the time. Frequently, he'll be reading something in his head and I'll catch up on it really clearly.
A few experiences I had was having a conversation with some rather nasty dead spirits in my bedroom. Because my room is a direct line for them to come into the house and out again, I see them all the time. Usually though, I am the only one that see's the dark ones. Mum gets all the nice ones. Figures.  
Another one was in the morning getting ready to go out somewhere and I was told to look up(no one was in the room at the time) seconds before my mirror, which isn't exactly small or lightweight, came flying off the wall at my head, narrowly missing me. To add, it fell about 2 metres off the ground, collected all these extremely breakable items off my dresser and fell on the floor...Not one single thing was broken and then this lovely little spirit began to lurk in the corner. Oh yeah! FUN FOR ALL! Ha!

Never speak disrespectfully of Society. Only people who can't get into it do that.
~ Oscar Wilde ~

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2001-07-02 03:50 AM

Ali---yes---OOBE's count...otherwise I'd never get a vacation...and it must have been interesting, life with father, I mean. They are making some pretty fancy electrical "doo-dad" machine thingies..I forget the name, but I always wanted to try the one that measures Alpha and Beta waves.

af--my sister and I have that same connection thing, so much so that we've named it the "leedle" (to fully understand, you have see us wave two fingers on our heads and say LEEDLE in our best "alien" voice as we touch fingers) A little odd but we keep ourselves amused. I have never seen or spoke to any apparitions, but I once instantly knew the entire history of a friend's property as I walked the grounds, right down to the untimely death of a woman who had died while giving birth to twins. I didn't like the experience though,as it left me sort of weak and nauseous. There's many other instances--but I am more inclined to want to hear the experiences of people who haven't studied the paranormal. So thank you, I'm finding this very interesting.  

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
4 posted 2001-07-02 11:06 PM

Oh man you guys. I could fill your heads with so many stories...

My mother and Grandfather have prophecy dreams. They dream of Major plane/train crashes before they happen, people dying, etc etc All in complete detail. But they don't remember it when they wake up. All they know is something bad is going to happen. And they know what they'll be doing when it does happen. And as soon as the event that was dreamed about occurs- the whole dream will come flooding back to them in full detail. It's strange. My brother has had one or 2 of those dreams but refuses to talk about them.
Aside from dreams- My mother and grandfather both have spoken to the dead. "Ghosts" if you will. My mother has woken up from sleep with her grandmother sitting at the end of the bed. And her grandmother comforted her. Told her things were going to be okay. Stay strong etc etc. My mother says it's the calmest feeling. How she wasn't scared at all. ( Here's a thought to ponder. My mother's friend believes that the ghost of my mothers grandmother that my mother saw was actually God. She thinks that God takes on forms of people that my mother trusts, in this case her grandmother. So she wouldn't be scared etc. )
My Grandfather also has done this. He remembers sitting on a bed when he was little talking to a lady. Just holding random conversation.
My mother has also talked ot me about Oujia boards. I'm  forbidden to use those. She believes in them. She believes- as I do to- that they can truely contact spirits. And naturally, there are good spirits and bad spirits. When she was a younger teenager she remembers watching her friend's Parents and older friends play. And how one of the men playing turned absolutely mad. Trying to stab people and so on and how she remembers seeing something red.
I could go on and on. I have tons of stories to tell ranging from Angels to Occults. but I'm sick of typing.  
Interesting topic though. I love reading this stuff- as much as it freaks me out. HaHa.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

5 posted 2001-07-02 11:19 PM

Hmmmmm...I've had lots actually. My whole life. Seen them...felt them, heard them, seen them in dreams. I feel things all the time. I can walk into most any room or house and feel if something is there. The only way I can describe it is a division of 'lightness' and 'heaviness.' A 'heavy' room has a presence in it...a friend of mine is convinced it's due solely to air pressure.   My house is 'light' heh...thank goodness.

I can do the whole mind reading thing sometimes...haha...I can ask a question and know the answer a split second before the person tells me (like 'what colour is your car,' 'how old is your son,' etc...).

I was psychically connected to my Mum for years...we live apart now, so I'm not sure it still exists. I can sense often how people are feeling - even when I'm not there. Last week I called a friend who was out..left a message. Then a feeling came over me and I called back and left another one saying 'I have a sense you're not ok...' She called back astonished and touched...for she wasn't and as she is a christian she believes I have a 'gift of discernment,' which puts an interesting slant on it...

As far as 'spirits' are concerned, here's a recent example - of only a couple of months. I was staying at a friend's house out of town...there was one heavy room. I hated going in there. One night I had to go in there...can't remember why...It was only for a few seconds so I walked in without turning on the light (stupid) and then brrrrrrr...I heard an eeire whispering, which completely terrified me so I turned around to find the door had shut on me...

The interesting thing is that that door can only be pushed shut..it can't swing shut - we tested it the next day. That was horrible..

After I left, it continued...my friend had a dream that he was smashing up the entire contents of his house...yet was in the body of a woman whom he periodically saw screaming...he woke up...and then heard three footsteps across his floor and was violently shoved and 'felt' the message 'GET OUT.'

This only happened three weeks ago...he left the country last week, so he did get out. He stayed in a hotel.

What was more interesting is that when he moved in the landlord had said ' something strange happened to me in here' but didn't elaborate...

I've had things like this happen since I can remember, so while I believe people can certainly make them up, I am not at all a skeptic...

Why should the world be confined to only what we count as 'real'?

I might relate a few more later...now...I have to go out and watch 'The Mummy Returns' of all things rotf...

I am a refugee of logic...insisting
on unlikely land with every step.

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 07-02-2001).]

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
6 posted 2001-07-02 11:54 PM

WOW K!! That would have been simply amazing to experience. Feelings like that are horrible at the wrong times...

Now I just want to blab about my mother for a moment. Sorry. My mother is simply amazing in the sense of psychic abilities. She has this gift for knowing when people have diseases that they themselves do not even know about. One day I saw her talk to someone who had cancer. The lady didn't know it but mum did and she told her to check it out and what do you know? She did have cancer.
She also has conversations with her dead grandfather constantly and her dead sister. He hangs around her all the time and she can see him clear as the day usually. Scares the hell out of all of us at night though.  
Mum's just unbelievable. She has this connection with all of us that she'll instantly know if something is wrong. We could be on the other side of the city...or world in some cases and she'll ring up and make sure everything is ok. Somtimes she doesn't even call but she'll know the second everything is alright.
I could go on forever about everything she can do, but I won't.  

Never speak disrespectfully of Society. Only people who can't get into it do that.
~ Oscar Wilde ~

[This message has been edited by anonymousfemale (edited 07-03-2001).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2001-07-03 01:26 PM

Not enough bandwidth here to hold them.

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                               noles1@totcon.com             

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2001-07-03 02:28 PM

Hm, I feel very nodescript. I have had dreams that involved a long encounter with someone not seen or thought of in years, and then they turn up in my life somehow, soon after.
My daughter and sister insist that our home when we were kids, and which my daughter and I lived in alone later, was haunted. They report evil things from the basement, curtains torn down, cup of tea waiting to be drunk sitting in the living room that no one out there. Apparently there is some ancient burial area in the vicinity of the house. (under?)
Anyway, I never saw a thing strange there, and I think perhaps my sister was a poltergeist, as she had a lot of odd problems when she was young. But could be they were right.
They swear to it, anyway.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Goosebump tales

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary