navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What is your favorite...........
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic What is your favorite........... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State

0 posted 2001-05-15 04:53 PM

.....Childhood memory! Like, from way back.

I was just sitting here and was remembering cuddling up on the couch with my Mom and Dad by the fire, eating cookies and watching Great Christmas Specials on TV before Christmas.
I always got to stay up late on those nights
My favorite was always Charlie Brown Christmas and Rudolph!  

So tell me, what's yours?

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

© Copyright 2001 Sheri - All Rights Reserved
banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
1 posted 2001-05-15 05:01 PM

the muppets christmas was always my favorite (and still is)

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-05-15 05:07 PM

me too, it's the muppets  

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee."  W.S.

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
3 posted 2001-05-15 05:24 PM

I have many memories but one of my favorites was when I was about 5 or so and I discovered fireflies. My mom gave me a jar to catch them in. I remember hiding under the porch one day with my fireflies and decided they probably didn't have enough room to fly very well so I let them go. They danced all around me for awhile til they figured out how to get out from under the porch. They were beautiful, like little tiny dancing torches. To this day I love to watch fireflies dance.  

How can you save me?
When the dark comes right in and takes me,
from my front walk and into bed,
where it kisses my face and eats my head. Shivaree

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-05-16 03:01 AM

My childhood was messed up.....I was never abused....I was never hurt.......I was never treated wrong or brought up a bad way....i blame my imagination. My imagination really messed up things for me. I used to have nightmares every night and sleep walk and convulse and bla bla bla....my imagination was so real i couldn't tell the diference between reality and fantasy.

Don't have to many fond memories.

I'd have to say it was being able to just look up at my parents and know i am protected....know i am loved....know that even though i had some messed up dreams and anxiety attacks and the like....they still cared for me....

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
5 posted 2001-05-17 06:06 AM

My favourite childhood memory would have to be when my brothers and I played Dr and patient. One of them would lie down and pretend to be dead and I would treat them. Because my mother was a nurse, I could get all the tools of the trade. Man, that was so much fun. Oh and I loved everytime I made cubby houses in my house with the little bro. That was always cool because we would strip the room bare of cushions and blankets and make a fort. No one would be allowed in and we would have biscuits and cordial in it. Ahh, those were the days...

~AF~

Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.
~ Unknown ~

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
6 posted 2001-05-21 11:44 PM

Ah yes! Cubby houses! We did that too! We'd put LONG blankets that dragged the floor over the coffee tables and play for hours.

But a memory that will forever stick out in my mind was playing cars. I thought my brother was the coolest guy living and I wanted to play with him ALL the time. Naturally- He was totally into hot wheels and junk... We would get HUGE pieces of plywood and draw roads on them with houses and stores and so on...We'd play for HOURS on end...Using Leg's to build houses ( I always got fewer and smaller lego's...) and our kids would have micro-machine cars that they drove around in hahahaha... I still have a HUGE backpack FILLED with Hotwheels under my bed- I just can't get rid of them!

bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
7 posted 2001-05-26 03:38 AM

The all time
White Christmas
And
It's a wonderful life

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2001-05-28 09:30 PM

Favorite childhood memory, sitting on my little swing in my grandmothers cellar, while she washed clothes, and told me stories of when she was little.
Favorite Xmas special..Rudolph and Charlie Brown, I completely agree.
I have another odd but happy memory of walking with my Mom and Stepdad from church after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve..I was 9, and going on and on about Superman, and all the details of his story, and my stepdad acting really interested.
Now, who really cares about this reply  LOL?
Sandra

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
9 posted 2001-05-29 02:25 AM

Oh my...there are so many...but i can remember Saturday nights...curled on the couch with Mom and my younger sister, a big bowl of popcorn...watching roller derby and wrestling at the Chase LOL!!!!! Such fun...
Packratmike
since 2001-02-25
Posts 632
California, USA
10 posted 2001-05-31 02:54 AM

Listening to Uncle Remus and Sky King on the radio.  Having an ice cold glass of chocolate milk while watching Kukla, Fran and Ollie on a t.v. the size of a refrigerator with a screen the size of a wallet.  (Ollie was soooo cool.*S*)  Going to a Saturday Roy Rogers or Gene Autrey matinee and then reenacting the movie with my friends on the way home. Learning how to ride my first bike.  Playing Lassie or Rin Tin Tin with my dogs...all mongrels.(LOL)  Conspiring with my brother to perform evil tricks on my sister. (Like the hot summer afternoon when we stirred up a hornets' nest just outside the outhouse after she'd gone in....she knew what we'd done and was afraid to come out of that hot and stinky building for nearly an hour.)  Laying in a green field and playing with the caterpillars or watching the praying mantis.  Picking flowers for my Mom and getting a big hug scented sweetly with her talcum powder.  Guess I'd better stop.*S*
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
11 posted 2001-06-01 06:28 PM

living in the suburbs when i was three or four years old... it was before some hassle in my life that was caused when I moved.

I just remember it as a time of complete innocence

"difference between love and comfortis that comfort's more reliable and true
Brutal and mocking but always therea crutch for enmity's saddest glare"

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

12 posted 2001-06-02 02:17 PM

Going to my grandmother's house and listening to her tell stories about all the exiting things she had done. (She has lead a very full life!) I still long to be like her.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What is your favorite...........

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary