navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » So Extremely Irritable
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic So Extremely Irritable Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2009-07-14 09:43 PM

Ok...so I'm just ranting here. I am out of nicotine. I am PMSing. I am in pain. I am exhausted. And to top it all off, nobody in my workplace seems to know how to do their jobs themselves! I work in a call center doing technical support for PlayStation® products. It's really not that hard. All of our troubleshooting steps are layed out for us in a simple, user friendly format on the internet. We also have us.playstation.com as a reference. All shipping is done through either UPS, FedEx or Purolator, with the exception of APO, FPO, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. We use USPS for those. The terms and conditions for the PlayStation® Network are on the website. And for some reason, none of the tier 1 agents (I'm tier 2) seem to be able to do their jobs themselves. They call us with questions that have obvious answers, and then wonder why we get irritable with them. THEN there's the consumers who want everything for free even though their systems are out of warranty, or they want refunds even though the PSN EULA states that there are no refunds in two different places, or they expect to not be banned from the PSN when they use racial and sexual slurs on the games they're playing online when they know darn good and well that there are minors on those games. WAKE UP PEOPLE. Ok....I feel somewhat better.

Arana Darkwolf

© Copyright 2009 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

1 posted 2009-07-15 11:39 PM

There's a Buddhist practice of making a point of asking for compassion.  It's a sort of meditation morning meditation where you take some time out and sit quiets and close you eyes and ask for compassion for yourself.  If you believe in God, by all means ask it from God, if you have a little quiet place at the center of yourself, ask it from that, ask it from where ever you need to.  I like to try to address the Tao, myself, because that's personally meaningful to me.  If you're an atheist, ask the cool essence of reason.  Whatever you need to address.

Take ten minutes or so, then stop,m open your eyes, and go about your day.  After you get some success with this, include the people you're angry with, that you are able to extend some compassion to them.  If you're feeling more compassionate about yourself, you'll understand the sense in this more than you do now, and you'll start to feel better generally.  Try it at your own pace.  Let me know if it does anything for you.

Yours, Bob Kaven

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
2 posted 2009-07-18 06:33 PM

Thank you, Bob. I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been so bogged down lately. I will certainly give that a try, though. Ten minutes every morning asking Mother Earth and Father Time for compassion sounds like an excellent way to start my day.

Arana Darkwolf

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2009-07-19 08:44 PM

Dear Rachaelfuchsberger,

Good.  I wish that compassion for you, for yourself and in your dealings with others, and for others in their dealings with you.

Sincerely, Bob Kaven

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2009-07-19 08:47 PM

Compassion also for your irritability, which helps waken you, and to remind you of the possibility of compassion.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » So Extremely Irritable

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary