navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » USA Highways - An amazing discovery!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic USA Highways - An amazing discovery! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2009-03-09 02:06 PM

Wow!  I was watching television, and learned something I never knew before.  The highways in the USA are marked for dummies like me.  Did you know that the EVEN numbered freeways go east and west, and the ODD numbered ones go north and south?  If not, just think you won't get lost ever again, well maybe?  Now when on I-5, I won't advise anyone to turn right or left ever again.  
© Copyright 2009 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2009-03-09 02:13 PM

And then there are diagonal highways like the one that runs from San Diego to Vegas; I think it's called the 15½?
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2009-03-09 02:27 PM

And our highway infrastructure is [to me] not all that old, considering that Eisenhower was pretty much the one behind the push.
http://www.historynet.com/president-dwight-eisenhower-and-americas-interstate-highway-system.htm

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2009-03-09 02:39 PM

Well when you know better they say, then you do better. Off to find the 1/2's now      Sheesh Kari, I don't have that much time in the day to read all that, but I sure thank you for the link so others can enjoy.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » USA Highways - An amazing discovery!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary