navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Born Again American - In Honor Of The Inauguration
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Born Again American - In Honor Of The Inauguration Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2009-01-19 11:16 PM

I had this sent to me by Maggie (Flutterwings) and it is just too good to not share.  I can hardly wait until tomorrow, and this coming term for your new president.

Hope you will enjoy this as much as I did.
  Born Again American

Carpe' Diem,
Mysteria

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (01-21-2009 01:32 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2009-01-20 12:34 PM

I loved this, Mysteria.  I have such a wonderful feeling about Obama.  He really seems good, ethical, well-intentioned, effective and very, very likeable.

Owl

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2009-01-20 01:40 PM

Our country is letting us down

A far cry from "Ask not what your country can do for you....." but a good way to evade personal responsibilities, I suppose.

I sincerely hope Obama does well because the country will do well, also.

I also hope Americans stop whining and counting on the government to solve everything. That's not what made America great.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
3 posted 2009-01-20 02:12 PM

This is not a good omen.  The link isn't working!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2009-01-20 03:07 PM

It's working, Ess. It may take a minute to download. The internet was extremely busy today...
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2009-01-20 03:42 PM

You know...knowing all of you from this site has brought me so much closer to the United States Of America, even though you have always been my neighbour.  I have a feeling this President is going to do that to a lot of nations and people.

I could not bust my buttons with pride any more, or have cried as much as I have, even if I had been sitting on the step below the "First Couple" today.  I was so proud of the USA period today!  I am glued to the t.v. and have the Tivo going, to record this moment in history for all time.  I loved the last few lines of the prayer said today, now how true is that?  John Lennon is smiling somewhere today, and so is my friend, Willow.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL IN AMERICA!  
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2009-01-20 04:13 PM

Thanks, Sharon.  It's beautiful as are you.  So often I forget you're not in one of our states, but it's good knowing you're one of us anyway.

God bless,
  Rae

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
7 posted 2009-01-20 07:58 PM

It is working again, a good bird of omen: it means Obama shall make things in your country work again too.  
HopeS
Member Elite
since 2000-12-22
Posts 4596
Perth Western Australia
8 posted 2009-01-21 11:23 AM

I feel the same as you Sharon , knowing all of you from this site has brought me so much closer to the United States Of America , I stayed awake until 4.00 a.m this morning to watch it on T.V and it was truly inspiring and I sensed the renewed hope

Hope

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2009-01-21 01:18 PM

I loved the fact that Obama's speech was not one bit flowery, but direct and to the point.  He knows there is a lot of work to be done and will bring the people together to do it.  The fact that he acknowledged people of all faiths, non-faiths, etc. showed me that this day was more about the American spirit, bringing the people together, and less about him.  I especially thought what he said about the USA willing to extend a hand to all those ready to un-clinch their fists was a huge step in international communication.  I expect only good things but I don't have unreal expectations, and wish him well.  

Incidentally, I picked him for a future President when he was just running for senator, and won $25. in a family bet years earlier than I expected.  I gave my son the money back but sure am glad I was right.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Born Again American - In Honor Of The Inauguration

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary