navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Is this possible? (a software adjustment)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is this possible? (a software adjustment) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida

0 posted 2009-01-09 10:17 AM

Disclaimer:  I am technically challenged.

I miss having the mature forums pop up on today's topics.  I had to be told that there was something in BCD for me (thanks Balladeer)....and that got me thinking.

I realize the intent on taking BCD off of the today's topics, however is it possible that the software can be tweaked to allow the mature forums to pop up on today's topics for those of us that do have access?  

2 birds, one stone.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

© Copyright 2009 Susan Caldwell - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2009-01-09 11:51 AM

Hi Susan~
I think they only 'pop up' on Today's Topics IF there has been a post to that forum~
IF YOU GO TO YESTERDAY'S TOPICS ... I think you will find several of the "Adult Forums" listed ... which means that they have a new topic~
Good Luck~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -               noles1@totcon.com

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2009-01-09 03:05 PM

Thanks Marge, however I don't think they pop up at all because Ron didn't want even an offensive title to be seen by those who don't wish to see them...and I understand that completely...just wish there were a better way (my definition of better I suppose).  

I say that because, honestly, I think those particular forums have been "forgotten" because they don't come up on the dailys.  

~Unknown~

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2009-01-09 04:15 PM

Susan~
Go to YESTERDAY'S TOPICS ... I promise you the ADULT FORUMS are there~
Not the TITLES ... just the FORUMS~

They don't show up on the DAILY TOPICS because there have been no replies or posts TODAY in the ADULT FORUMS~

They are certainly not being forgotten~
Ron is too smart to let that happen~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -               noles1@totcon.com

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2009-01-09 04:55 PM

teeny weeny type on left-hand side...
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2009-01-09 06:07 PM

Susan is right. Then again, so is everyone else. :-)

The program does look for the flag indicating Adult Access and, if it finds it, will display active threads from all of the forums in Mature Content. All the forums, that is, except BCD.

The problem, Susan, is one of granularity. We only have one Adult Access flag for all of MC, but all of the forums are NOT of similar ilk. If we showed the Titles from BCD at all, we'd have to show them to everyone with Adult Access, and that's just too wide a spectrum. There are some very graphic Titles in that forum! (Watch us have a run on Adult Access requests now. )

Sorry, Susan, but I'm afraid you'll just have get in the habit of visiting that one single forum in addition to Today's Topics. Then you won't miss anything.  

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
6 posted 2009-01-10 02:26 AM

"Watch us have a run on Adult Access requests now"

Thanks for the answers.  Hopefully, I can remember the extra clicking...hey, I don't have a great memory anymore...

~Unknown~

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2009-01-10 08:46 PM

I'm just waiting for Marge's Wolf Moon poem--

while I wait for my access to Adult to be granted.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
8 posted 2009-01-10 11:09 PM

~Unknown~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Is this possible? (a software adjustment)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary