navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Want a new Google treat?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Want a new Google treat? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2008-01-24 08:43 PM

Type in your birthday.

All digits, so that it would read 01/01/01, like that.

Here is what I found on mine:

12/12/1951  Joe DiMaggio announces his retirement
Type: Event  

12/12/1951  Caren Kaye, NYC, actress (My Tutor, Blansky's Beauties)
Type: Birth  

12/12/1951  Steven Alan Hawley, Ottawa Ks, PhD/ast (STS 41-D, 61-C, 31, 82)
Type: Birth  

Plus, you'll probably find some other interesting websites, such as:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WzvSp8dw34&feature=PlayList&p=2323B37FFB3C4E6C&index=11

Go ahead, find out what was going on...then!

© Copyright 2008 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
1 posted 2008-02-23 07:12 PM

I found lots of family tree entries of course, and sports results. And these

Now That I've Found You Pop Love Ballad written 11/12/62

I Love Lucy Episode List: Lucy Is A Kangaroo For A Day 11/12/62 (interesting since I'm an Aussie)

November 12, 1862 Sad Accident By the breaking of a bolt yesterday, two cars of the Greenville {& Columbia RR} up train were thrown from the track, and one of them down an embankment, a few miles above Columbia. Several soldiers were seriously wounded, one from Georgia supposed mortally. The other cars had passed safely.

LETTERS EXCHANGED BY PRESIDENT KENNEDY AND CHAIRMAN KHRUSHCHEV DURING THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS OF OCTOBER 1962
11/12/62 Chairman Khrushchev letter

Dennis The Menace Episode List: 11-12-62 "San Diego Safari"

Interesting time filler Sunshine.

Dee

Stand straight and tall, not the reflection as others see you, but as you truely are.        Clearwater

Jaki H
since 2008-01-19
Posts 232
NJ, USA
2 posted 2008-04-14 06:14 PM

hmmm. didnt work for me but i do know that the titanic sunk on my bday and abraham lincoln was shot (or died i forget which) on my bday! which coincidentalyl is today!!! yay!!!
RC Langill
since 2008-03-09
Posts 104

3 posted 2008-04-30 11:34 PM

It's a process not without its hazards though. One morning I was listening to the radio when one host asked the other:
"Who was born on this day?"
"No one" the other replied.
"Someone must have been born on this day"
"I suppose so, but they just never amounted to anything".

I laughed, then I realized they were talking about my birthday. They were using 50,000 watts to mock me. I was depressed for months.

I did my own research and looked up an archive copy of the local paper. The lead story on the very day of my birth: Weyerhaeuser company announced the discovery of a new tree fungus.  Must be why I'm such a fun-guy.

RC Langill author of Simple Feelings & Deep Passions romantic poems from a real romance

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2008-05-01 09:35 AM

RC, you could very well be correct.

When I was a young girl, NO ONE, but absolutely NO ONE [or so I thought] had a birthday in December but moi.

Oh, how things change.

My first husband's birthday was in Dec.

So is my second husband's.

Then I had a child in December...

And now I not only share my given name with others [which was also a very "rare" name way back then] but I've met some mighty fine people with the same spelling of my name, be it as one name, or two names.

But I don't think I've ever had anyone go the the extremes of 50,000 watts just to pull my chain.

RC Langill
since 2008-03-09
Posts 104

5 posted 2008-05-13 12:39 PM

Even though you've managed to provide your own cohort of December birthdays, allow me to add my empathy with your situation.

One thing I've found about having a December birthday is that you're looking back at the end of calendar year and at the same adding another year to your own stack. It can give you a bit of a double whammy, even without a 50,000 watt jolt.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
6 posted 2008-05-13 11:03 PM

08/14/1965 produces:

Lynette Falls, Miss NJ/America 1991 born
Jan van N˜len, Flemish poet/writer (Walk at Dawn), dies
Beatles tape an appearance for Ed Sullivan Show (WOO HOO!!!!)
Continental Football League plays 1st games

I know there has to be more; however, I am too tired to check at this moment.

What would you attempt to do...if you knew you could not fail?.
www.myspace.com/mindlesspoet

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Want a new Google treat?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary