navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "24": Season 6 Discussion Thread
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic "24": Season 6 Discussion Thread Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2007-01-18 12:31 PM

I thought I'd start a thread under request by our dearest friend iliana (Jo) dedicated to the new sixth season of "24".

Here we can discuss each episode and our thoughts in response to each one, make predictions, address plots and sub-plots, critique where things don't add up in the plot, etc., yay!

My first prediction following the four-episode season premiere Sunday & Monday evening is that Bill Buchanan will be the next major character killed off, as I think the wedding ring revealing was designed as a theatrical device signaling the premonition of things to come between Bill Buchanan and Karen Hayes' new found happiness, much like what happened to Tony Almada and Michelle Dessler in Season Five.

Of course I hope it doesn't happen and that I'm proven wrong, as I really like Bill Buchanan, but think the signs are there.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2007 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2007-01-22 09:35 PM

Jack has a brother??????  Wow are we in for some roller coaster this season!!  This sets new precedence on sibling rivalry!
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2007-01-29 11:47 PM

Okay, Noah....did you see it tonight?  WOW...you were right about a problem with Karen and her hubby. Wonder how that will work out?  Will Jack end up killing his own brother?  
Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2007-02-03 05:43 PM

It's hard to say if Jack Bauer will kill his brother or not. Bauer is a man who takes serving his country more seriously than anything, and he already had to shoot some of his own people he worked for including Curtis and Ryan Chappelle, thus if he's absolutely convinced he's in bed with the enemy he won't hesitate to take on his own family.

But there's an emotional complexity to this season as well that's much denser than in previous season, and I think the psychological effects of Bauer's experiences in a Chinese prison camp for 20 months will continue to encumber him this season, and thoughts of Kim will also echo I'm sure, so even if it's obvious to him Graham Bauer is aiding the terrorists, it won't be easy as it appears for him to have to make the sacrifice of his own loved ones.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
4 posted 2007-02-05 10:17 PM

Whoa, Noah!  Did you see it tonight?  What a shocker.....but then, again, not really.  So, what the heck is his father up to anyway?  What a cold-hearted man!  Do you think that this is part of a plot to take over the country and his father believes himself to be a patriot?  The VP...he looks familiar; was he in one of the other seasons?  I'm wondering, too, if Kim will be back to fill the hole that is now there with the technology department of CTI.  Two hours next week -- can't wait!!

The one thing I was really happy to see happen tonight was that the assault on the constitution was prevented by the President.  Bravo to those writers!

[This message has been edited by iliana (02-05-2007 11:56 PM).]

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2007-02-06 01:16 AM

I wasn't surprised to see Jack's father behave like that in the end, actually. Saddened that was the case, as if I was in Jack's position I wouldn't know who to trust whatsoever in the world anymore emotionally, making me even begin to believe Kim was behind something as much as I refuse to believe it, I also wasn't surprised.

Yes, absolutely great writing tonight, and I certainly wish Olbermann and other critics could be receiving these excerpts right now so they can consider how truly ambiguous this fictional television drama is, and truly NOT a propaganda arm for any single party or government.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
6 posted 2007-02-12 10:22 PM

And it continues!  OMG, what a show tonight!  Things are so complex.  I'm wondering if maybe the President's chief advisor will break down and warn the President of the plot to assassinate him....but I wouldn't take odds on that bet.  

Jack's father....what a terrible villan!  (Tremendous acting on his part though, I think.)  Wonder if he is a double agent for Russia or just a power-crazed hawk?  

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2007-02-13 02:01 AM

Though I agree tonight's episodes were great, rhere were some things in the double-header that just didn't add up.

Firstly, how the heck could Abu Fayed escape that apartment complex from the sixth floor, where you would surely have agents covering the stairways and all the possible entranceways? Worse yet, he had a chopper around the perimeter, and you'd figure they'd ground that somehow. That was silly writing there in my opinion.

Secondly, surely Morris would be clever enough to fool Fayed's team with the technological device to make it inoperable, and spare him from all the guilt he now faces.

Thirdly, I was surprised that Jack Bauer, who usually is excellent at reading faces, somehow failed to see the guilt in Marilyn Bauer's face as they approached that diversionary address. That seemed quite out of character to me.

All in all the plot was great, but they could have easily done better writing regarding Fayed's escape especially.

Yeah, the White House plot is getting ebullient. Wonder if they'll try that sneaky 25th Amendment stunt all over again! Like brother, like brother, LOL!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
8 posted 2007-02-13 03:22 AM

Noah, I agree they could have done a better job.  They tried to explain away the escape by indicating he got down through the buildings' plumbing system or something like that and then through the sewer system -- well, I guess I can live with that.  The timing with him already being in a copter, though, didn't quite fit.  

The sister-in-law....I suppose that could be overlooked because Jack himself is so guilt-ridden at the moment and perhaps he explains her "strange" behavior away with the emotional trauma of it all.  

Morris, I agree, could have stalled a little longer or maybe even have alerted somebody back at the Center electronically -- I agree with you there, too.  But, then again, that is all part of what endears us to the series.  The flaws make me feel even more a part of the series, actually.  

My daughter, Abby, watched 24 the year there was a nuclear explosion in the desert.  Remember that?  And Kim was lost out somewhere in the wilderness with her boyfriend....remember?  She laughed herself silly when the daughter got frightened of cougars.  Said the writing was terrible there.  Ever since that when she callls on Monday night and I tell her Dad and I are watching 24, she snickers and says, "cougars" in a very silly, high-pitched and highly exagerated manner.  

I agree tonight had a little "cougars" in it, but I don't care, it's still the fastest hour or two hours on television and I can never get enough.  

I'm curious what part Jack's nephew will play as events unwind.  

As far as the President goes.  I think they will try to assassinate him with the thought being to blame it on terrorists that oppose the peace process.  

Same time, same thread....next week...read ya then.  *smiles*....jo

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "24": Season 6 Discussion Thread

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary