navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Do you have a dunce cap on? If so, I have a suggestion!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Do you have a dunce cap on? If so, I have a suggestion! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

0 posted 2006-05-28 10:47 PM

I tried to post this before but I donno what happened so I'll try again. Somehow it didn't work. *shrug*.. i donno why Trying again...

I suggest that if you're sitting in the corner with a funny looking dunce cap on, you remove the dunce cap yourself and get up and walk away so that you can sit somewhere else without that silly hat on because by continuing to sit there with that ugly thing on your head, it's very demeaning to you.

So, get up and DO it, OK?

See ya when ya get there!

© Copyright 2006 doreen_peri - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-05-29 07:54 AM

And here I was, all set to put a polish on mine...

I have to agree with you, m'dear.  No one keeps us in our corner but ourselves...

and our own fears.

I recently attended a graduation service for a special program held in our community called ALIVE.  ALIVE stands for Asset Building, Leadership, Investment, Volunteering, Education.  

Students who apply are chosen on their current sense of ability, community spirit, grades, and then quite possibly, what others perceive to be their "weak point".  Out of those applications, some 12-15 from both middle school and high school are chosen to go through this 25-week program.

At the commencement services, the speaker for the occasion wrote about a young man, a poet, who had several poetry books published by the time he was 11.  The reason for this young man's emphasis in his life, was because he knew he had very little time to live it.

So what was he afraid of?  He did not have time to be concerned about what other people would think of his written word, his thoughts put to black and white.

But he left something very significant and important behind, which underscores what everyone is capable of handling...

If you don't do it yourself, no one else will do it for you.

I think I will leave that dunce cap in the corner, and go dance with life.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
2 posted 2006-05-29 11:28 AM

Doreen...smiling at you and at Sunshine....me?  Mine was inside my head...I think I'll leave it behind too and move on!!
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2006-05-29 12:00 PM

This topic is being transferred to the more generalized pipTalk Lounge for further discussion as desired. As the description of the Suggestions forum might suggest, that forum is specific rather than general.
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
4 posted 2006-05-29 10:28 PM

Where was it transferred to the first time?  

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2006-05-29 10:37 PM

outer space maybe?
Dor, my dunce cap
hit the trash can

no, not the recycle bin
wish you could post here!
dangit
but i know how to reach you

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2006-05-30 12:21 PM

That-is-not-what-you-earth-beings-peceive-as-dunce-cap.

It-is-a-ceremonial-cone-cover--indigneous-to-planet-er...France.

http://www.katbkay.com/kdj/coneheadhistory.htm

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
7 posted 2006-05-30 03:52 AM

hmm, Thank You! I think this just answered my thoughts this past few weeks!

and BTW love this quote

"If you don't do it yourself, no one else will do it for you"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Do you have a dunce cap on? If so, I have a suggestion!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary