navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Introducing myself
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Introducing myself Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Undaunted
since 2006-03-31
Posts 10
Ohio, USA

0 posted 2006-03-31 10:39 PM

Hello,

I am new here and was respectably trying to find a place to introduce myself.  I've lurked around for a bit and have come to like the atmosphere in these forums.  Poetry has been a passion of mine for years though I've only recently attempted writing it.  I hope to improve here.  I'll be taking my time and lurking around some more and reading others poems here, leaving comments and critiques to the best of my ability.

© Copyright 2006 Lynne Cordero - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2006-03-31 11:22 PM

Welcome, undaunted!!  I look forward to reading your poetry!
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2006-03-31 11:42 PM

Welcome!  I know you will certainly find all the poets you need here to help you, and also reading their poetry will inspire you to write more and better!  You may wish to visit the Poetry Workshop, as in there some very prominent poets are mentioned to read to learn from their work.  There are so many good poets here, and the more we read the better we get at our own work.  I sure look forward to reading yours.

Undaunted
since 2006-03-31
Posts 10
Ohio, USA
3 posted 2006-04-03 06:01 PM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Martie and Mysteria.  I've checked out the workshop, though I'm not sure if I'm quite up to that level yet.  I'll probably hang around more before I start posting or critiquing in there, although I am enjoying the many links and suggestions they have.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Introducing myself

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary