navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Military and liberty-related poetry
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Military and liberty-related poetry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Raptor13x
since 2006-03-30
Posts 1
Warren, MI

0 posted 2006-03-30 12:50 PM

Hi, I've recently found myself becoming more and more interested in certain types of poetry, and I was wondering if any of you could point me to a good source of works related to my interests.

One of my favorite poems is The Charge of the Light Brigade by Lord Tennyson Alfred. I find poems about courage, valor, justice, and/or the struggle for liberty utterly fascinating, especially if they utilize advanced vocabulary and are succinct in nature. (I'm studying to be a History and English teacher, lol)

Anyways, although my own poetic talent is limited at best, I thought I'd come on here and ask the experts if they had any good resources of poetry related to the above topics. Feel free to berate me if I've managed to post this in the incorrect forum.

Thanks a bunch!

© Copyright 2006 Raptor13x - All Rights Reserved
curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england
1 posted 2006-03-30 01:19 PM

there are load of great poems on this site like in teen poetry and open no.37
otherwise...i do not know..sorry

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2006-03-30 01:59 PM

The main site has a considerable amount of "Classical" poetry ( http://www.netpoets.com/classic/ ) - including Tennyson ( http://www.netpoets.com/classic/064000.htm ). Certainly worth checking out.

Welcome.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2006-03-30 09:17 PM

Wilfred Owen

Attack on America

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Military and liberty-related poetry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary