navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » happy?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic happy? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england

0 posted 2006-03-26 12:06 PM

so what do you do when your not happy?
What do you do when your happy?
what do you do when you want to be happy?
what do you do when you want to find yourself?
Give me the recipe to happiness,
Please

© Copyright 2006 whatever you want it to be - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-03-26 12:15 PM

Getting "Everyone's recipe" is like asking Grandma how she makes chicken soup.  Everyone is going to have a different response.  When one is searching for "how" to be happy, they are not taking time on spreading happiness themselves.  

One won't be happy every day...and that is a learning process.  We have to realize the various levels where happiness might exist.  It can be in some of the smallest pleasures.  Even abstract thoughts...like, "gee, I'm glad the washing machine is still working...I don't have time for it to break down today!" THAT, can elicit a happy feeling.  It may be a bit naive, but if I can't find a good reason to touch my happy buttons...I find things that I'm glad are NOT going wrong in my life.

So, start counting up what IS right in your life.  Right there, you'll find something to be happy about.

curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england
2 posted 2006-03-26 12:33 PM

thankyou, you put a smile on my face.
curiouse
since 2006-03-21
Posts 277
england
3 posted 2006-03-26 12:35 PM

...and guys give me YOUR recipe be it as wierd or great as ever. i just basically want everyone's take:-)
curiouse

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
4 posted 2006-03-26 05:12 PM

I hug my dog. It works for everything. No recipe needed.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2006-03-26 08:33 PM

quote:
so what do you do when your not happy?
What do you do when your happy?
what do you do when you want to be happy?
what do you do when you want to find yourself?
Give me the recipe to happiness, Please

Well, when I am not happy I am usually in some other negative mood that needs dumping to get back to happy.  Life is too short not to be happy, at least most of the time.  Therefore I tend to not take on other people's "stuff."

When I am happy I share it with someone I love.

When I want to be happy I find someone to laugh with and share it.

What I do when I want to "find myself," is light candles, put on soft music, turn off the light, and have a bubble bath.  I simply "still myself," and clean my mental house of negative thoughts to get back to what is me.  By the way, finding oneself is a life long committment not to be taken lightly I feel.

If I had a recipe for happiness I would patent it.  I do feel that true happiness radiates only from within.  If you are happy with yourself first, then there is room to be happy for, and with others.  Things can not make you happy, nor can anyone else.  It is catchy the kind of happiness that comes from inside the soul, and once you have it, it is an obligation to willingly share it.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » happy?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary