navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Pictures on the Internet
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pictures on the Internet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars

0 posted 2006-03-01 01:28 AM

Hello all, I want to know how many of you have posted pictures of your children and/or grandchildren online. I know that many of you have and I enjoy seeing them all. My son is now 5 months old and the most beautiful baby in the world. lol I want to show his picture to all of you, but my husband doesn't want any pictures of him online. (We both have our pictures up.) Is there anything I could say to him to help him see that there is very little risk of anything happening to them because their pictures are online? (I myself think that we're in more danger from people we know offline rather than online.) Thanks everyone, and have a great rest of the week!!

~sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

© Copyright 2006 Elizabeth Costello Larson - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2006-03-01 08:02 AM

I agree with you - I see no harm in posting photos as long as there is no information that would lead directly to your loved ones... But - I also think that your husband's wishes need to be respected.  Perhaps you could share some photos in private emails?  
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-03-01 12:47 PM

Sky~
You know my grandie girlies are out here at PiP ... no problems at this end with sharing their photos with friends gathered here~
Their Mom and Dad don't see a problem with it either ...~

There are Albums out there that you can upload your photos to and they are then only visible to members YOU approve for viewing~
Might be an option you could discuss with hubby~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -   noles1@totcon.com

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2006-03-01 01:49 PM

sky,
I wish you the best with your project. I have a link in my profile that takes you to my pictures. About 1,400. Guess they don't scare me eh?

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
4 posted 2006-03-01 04:41 PM

My little girl won't be born until june, but as soon as she is I'm definitely uploading pics to my local image host.

For my own self, I pretty much always have pics posted someplace.

My way of deturing(sp) potential bad people, is by posting pics my other babies-My guns. :P

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
5 posted 2006-03-07 06:08 PM

Thank you all for your advice! I'm always glad to see pictures of everyone's kids, grandkids, etc. Email is a good solution--I'll talk to my husband when he gets home from work.

~sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Pictures on the Internet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary