navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Favorite Novelty Songs
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Favorite Novelty Songs Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2006-02-24 02:50 PM

So, what are all your favorite novelty songs of all-time, yay!

I've always loved novelty songs, as I believe many of them are MEANT to annoy you to define generations and let out a good laugh to put the endorphins and Vitamin D into your heart! (giggles) I have been writing my own novelty songs within the past five years too, including my first lyrical one ("Billy The Boxelder"), my first recorded one ("I'm In Love With The Weather Girl") and some Christmas ones I shared recently with y'all ("Ebenezer Caesar, The Misunderstood Freezer Meister", "Immaculate Reception").

Here are some of my favorites:

Napoleon XIV: "They're Coming To Take Me Away (Ha-Ha!)
Kip Addotta: "Wet Dream"
Charlie Drake: "My Boomerang Won't Come Back"
Bobby "Boris" Pickett & the Crypt-Kickers: "Monster Mash"
The Detergents: "Leader of the Laundromat"
Mr. Blobby: "The Blobby Song"
UFO Phil: "Larry the Lunar Leprechaun"

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2006 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2006-02-24 06:37 PM

"My Ding-a-ling"
Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2006-02-24 07:02 PM

(giggles) Every time I hear that one, I still reminisce of the painful memory of leaping off the diving board into the swimming pool with my body too horizontal to the water and my legs spread too widely! LOL!

We need to start a Flying Purple People Eater party! Campaign promise: everyone gets a hot pair of short shorts, tequilla, and all aspiring bands will be put in high rotation with the flying purple people eater's signature dueting horn from his head!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
3 posted 2006-02-24 07:32 PM

Ah, yes, the Monster Mash and Flying Purple People Eater. What memories they bring back. Aren't those songs played on the radio around Halloween every year?

Two songs I rmember singing in grade school music class are "McNamara's Band" and "Mrs. Murphy's Chowder." Very silly and a liot of fun. And hey it's almost St. Patrick's Day! (Ok, it's kind of almost St. Patrick's Day.)

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
4 posted 2006-02-24 08:27 PM

I like the songs by Ray Stevens and Jim Stafford

Mississippi Squirrel, Sittin' Up With The Dead, and It's Me Margaret oh, and of course The Streak.

Also think Spiders and Snakes, Cow Patty, Camp Werthehekahwee, Wildwood Flower, and 16 Little Red Noses are funny

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2006-02-24 08:46 PM

By the way, there's some Ebenezer-crazed KBOO fans of mine who are trying to get me into writing a sequel for my Christmas hit "Ebenezer Caesar, The Misunderstood Freezer Meister".

So I ask you all; go with the sequel...or are you thinking, "Sequels tend to ruin the freshness of the original, nooooooooooooo!" (giggles)

I don't even know what the sequel might be about, maybe "Ebenezer Caesar, The Cross-Country Skiing Parking Meter Reader"? Maybe "Ebenezer Caesar, The Lotus Eating Carpet Beater"? LOL!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

yv
since 2003-05-30
Posts 574

6 posted 2006-02-25 01:55 AM

I have to say...I think mine is "John-Jacob Jinglehiemer-Schmitz"

You want to know why?

Because his name is my name too!!  HaHa!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Favorite Novelty Songs

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary