navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Let's Talk iPods! :)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Let's Talk iPods! :) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2006-01-02 06:42 PM

Though my parents lived up to my Christmas request and spent most of the money they'd usually spend on me in the past for presents for Heifer International to help third-world families, they did get me one of those new iPods too, and I've been loading it up with a bunch of tunes and clips, yay!

So, for those of you who have one too (or those who don't can assemble their fantasy playlists, LOL!) share some of your chief highlights!

Favorite Song: "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice.

Happiest Song: I have a lot of them, but "Walking On Sunshine" always does it for me, yay!

Saddest Song: "Sky Blue & Black" by Jackson Browne (I listened to this a lot as I was growing up out of earlier life adversity so it's one of sentimental value.)

Sexiest Song: I have dozens of them prepared for my dream girl, LOL! It's probably a multi-way tie between Michael Franks' "Popsicle Toes", Cherry Bikini's "Champagne", Shalamar's "Dancing in the Sheets" and anything from Sade.

Most Romantic Song: Shakira's "Tu".

Funniest Song: "Billy The Mountain" by Frank Zappa & The Mothers or "I Lost On Jeopardy" by Weird Al Yankovic

Novelty Nutmeg: "Margy Song" from the TV sitcom "The King of Queens"

Guilty Pleasure: "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees/Ray Stevens.

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2006 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-01-02 07:31 PM

Smiling at you, my friend, and remembering with some very fond memories, my first transistor radio.

What more could the teenager of my youth have wanted?  I mean, my gosh!  With a new battery, and late, late at night in 1961, I could listen to music from LA....

if I had the radio tuned right, and the receiver set right, and if I didn't lean into it too hard as it was set under my pillow for some "late night" [read, 10 p.m.] listening....

It was a different world....

And smiling at you a second time, Noah...for your second choice of a song.  No wonder I feel like I've got bruises!  LOL....

Hugging you and glad I am that you got your Christmas wish!

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2006-01-03 01:42 PM

(angel friendship hugs) Awwwwwwwww, thanks, dearest friend! (smiles) I guess I'll never know how it must ahve felt growing up in your time, but despite being blessed for the advanced technology and communication of this generation, I am actually overall far more fascinated with what's often called "the golden years".

I have a whole lot of Beach Boys on my iPod, as well as a grab bag of doo-wop favorites, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, etc. The Beach Boys especially truly represent the sounds of summer, a time of greater innocence, and they always bring me a smile when I walk, and has indeed inspired muc of my summertime poetry, most notably "Fast Company" (I even mention "Little Deuce Coup" in the lyrics of the song when making romantic love to my dream girl in the back seat, which I did that to illustrate just that, how the voices of nostalgia influence me). I guess today's Top 40 landscape overall just sounds too wintry to me, so I like to pretend I have nostalgia, LOL!

I can only begin to envision what my children in the future will be gifted with, and I can be like you and smile into their cherub faces and tell them this anecdote of how I felt when I got my first iPod, which compared to what they'll have then will make my iPod look like that transistor radio of the 00's, LOL!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2006-01-03 09:51 PM

Actually Noah I have all three now, love the product!  I carry my nano with me everywhere, and the shuffle goes for long walks with my pedometer and me.     Of all the songs you listed I had none of those except for the fact you got me hooked on Shakira.  I have over 2,000 songs downloaded and am in the process of weeding through them.  My favorites are different from yours and quite varied, and here are some of my favorite artists: Mindy Smith, Oleta Adams (love Tiny Boxes and play that non-stop!), Sarah Brightman, Alicia Keyes, Bjorn, Trans Siberian Orchestra, INXS, Maria Carey, Shakira, Harry Connick Jr., Enya, Norah Jones, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, and of course I have had a love affair going with ABBA since day one!  I love almost anything country or classical too, especially anything done by Samuel Barber, or even Ravi Shankar.

Enjoy it and get all the gizmos to augment it, like a cover, and the adaptor for a car, etc. it's worth it!

I bet you remember Mork and Mindy?  Well now see, they were way ahead of their time, when they had him saying, "Nano, Nano."  

Have fun!  Hope I gave you some food for downloading.  

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2006-01-04 12:18 PM

(giggles) Three of them? Wow, you're going triple threat, yay! LOL!

Ooooohhhh...I have Bjork, Alicia Keyes, Joni Mitchell and Enya on mine too, yay! (giggles) My playlist is all over the place, fairly random, from some of the poppiest, most well-known staples to pan flutes, Celtic harps, Caribbean steel drums and acid jazz, to a bunch of songs from "The Simpsons" and soundbytes from Austin Powers and Seinfeld, even a couple voice recordings of poems from Earth Angel and Balladeer, LOL!

About half of the songs I have on there are love songs, both innocent, romantic puppy love ones and erotic ones, all prepared for my dream girl when she comes. (sigh) Then everything else is in fractions; some novelty songs, others sentimental songs, a handful of social consciousness and activism songs, my own songs, and those from other friends, yay!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2006-01-04 04:11 PM

I have an MP3 player.. basically an IPod that's not Apple :P

I love it to death. I have stuff ranging from Carmina Burana to Evenesence to Rap to 80s Madonna. Great little thing for me

Music pours over the sense
And in a funny way
Music sees more than I..it remembers better...
I have forgotten all the rest-Anne Sexton

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Let's Talk iPods! :)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary