navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » strange stuff
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic strange stuff Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon

0 posted 2005-12-22 01:45 AM

I was going through craigslist tonight hoping to find another dryer since mine decided it was too tired to work and I ran across some strange ads and thought I would share a couple of them just for giggles.

RE: I want a dragon - $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-119595366@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-12-20, 5:50PM PST

You can have mine for free. Just don't tell my wife that I am giving her Mother away!!!

Original post reads:

Reply to: sale-119583291@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-12-20, 4:43PM PST

I would like a baby fire breathing dragon.

This dragon should be no older then two years of age, and trainable. I’ll name him or her Rex, and give them a loving home where they can run in a field or take wing and fly. I’d like to get it young, so I can teach it the art of falconing, (or Dragoning in this case). I’ll teach it to fetch and retrieve such things as,
My stolen bike and the thieves that took it,
A deer during hunting season,
that punk tagger who likes to spray the signs in my neighborhood,
and my neighbors dog / cat that likes to use my flowerbed as a litterbox.

Guarding my house. After I get my bike back, it would be good to have a Dragon that can guard my house against break ins, trespassers, petitioners and salesmen. While it’s still small, I’ll even build it a house, and chain it up in my yard. Because it’ll be a fire breather, I’ll make sure to build out of concrete, and have no flammables close by.

I'll love my dragon, and hopefully be able to fly it around town when it gets older. I’d work with it making sure that we were both comfortable with me perched upon it’s back. I’d make sure I wore all the correct safety gear, and that we both passed any and all state certifications that are required to operate a flying dragon.

So please, if you or your loved ones have a baby fire breathing dragon, let me know. I’ll make sure it gets all it’s shots, and is spayed or neutered (unless you want to use it later for breeding). I’d be a responsible owner, get it chipped, tagged, and unless flying me around town, always on a chain tether.

Thank you in advance,

A hopeful baby fire breathing dragon owner to be.

this is in or around anywhere

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

The other one is really bizarre:
Will pay cash to catch your cold! - $30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-119582418@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-12-20, 4:39PM PST

Not joking, but I can imagine how it must sound. I need to get out of work before the holidays and can only do this with an iron excuse. Showing up at the office with a cold seems ot be the one thing that will get people sent home without any questions. If you've got a cold, all I'd want would be for you to cough on me enough times to make sure I get a good dose of it. Naturally, we can do this in a totally public place. Would prefer for you to be a woman. Can anyone help out?
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Anybody else got any funny's?

© Copyright 2005 Shawna R. Holder - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2005-12-22 03:03 AM

WT...hell?

"Will pay cash to catch your cold! - $30"

Hmmmm.

I'm almost certain I can get a hold of some tainted blood.

Just how sick(er) does this guy needta be?

*shuddering*

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2005-12-22 04:21 AM

LMAO.....these are adorable!  Thanks for the nitecap!   ......jo
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
3 posted 2005-12-22 10:07 AM

Okay, see to me the guy that wants a cold is asking for something real..and he seems to have a good reason for wanting it.

The dragon-wanting person? Come on.  

At least make is something somewhat believable.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
4 posted 2005-12-22 01:38 PM

I don't write 'em, I just find 'em LOL
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
5 posted 2005-12-22 01:46 PM

Well, I got hit on by a 70 year old Santa Claus this year while taking my son shopping.  

Yes, these are the people that flock to me.  

Last year, it was Jerry Garcia playing Santa -
real beard and everything, and I wonder why my son is afraid of the man . . .

All that guy has to do to get sick is go OUTSIDE.

*laughing*

bunch of whacknuts . . .

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » strange stuff

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary