navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I need some help from pip girls please
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need some help from pip girls please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AllyKat
since 2005-01-30
Posts 73
jeffersonville,in

0 posted 2005-09-12 07:49 PM

Ok, last school year I went out with this guy(we'll call him bob) and this other guy(we'll call him joe) got advantage of me and basicly forced me to break up with bob.  Then I broke up with Joe because I had realized what I did to Bob.  So Bob and I went back out.  Then about 2-3 weeks later I was stupid and let Joe take advantage of me, again.  Bob got a little upset and said "Don't expect me to be as nice next time".  I was too caught up in Joe being an upper-classman and didn't realize what I had done to Bob.  The night before Valentines day Joe broke up with me and told me that he had been cheating on me all this time.  Of, course I cried but then I wanted to beat his butt b/c of what he did to me.  

This summer I called Bob and talked to him....not about what happened....just as friends.  But now I have a huge thing for Bob again....and I want him to know how I feel but I don't know what to say.  I don't even know HOW to say it.  I mean, what if I make a fool of myself?  I'm not really worried about that...I just want him to know.  He never talks to me at school anymore, and its really making me sad.  I guess all I needed was a taste of my own medicine.  But if you can help me in any way please reply or e-mail me.  Thnx for taking your time to read this.
-Alli  

I remember us together
I remember the times we shared
I remember when we loved eachother
I remember when you once cared.

© Copyright 2005 Allison Himmelheber - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2005-09-12 08:00 PM

"I mean, what if I make a fool of myself? "

Haven't you already done that by the back and forth of the relationship?  I think if Bob wanted to be dating you again he would...but there is that trust issue...

I would learn from my mistakes and move on...

not "a girl"  agewise..but experienced in life

Hope your wishes come true
M

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2005-09-12 10:31 PM

Hunny, I would stay away from joe and find another guy. Not bob. Bob might be a nice guy, but I think that you are young and should take atvantage of the fact that you are. meeting other guys around your age(1-2 years) and maturity level.

The only way you can improve your muturaty level along relationships is to have many. You learn and take with you the good.  I just think the reason you keept on cheating on Bob is because you didn't value him enough. Now by relationships I also meen friendships too.  Besides seniors who date freshmen are usually the rejects of the girls his age.  You know you will know with out a doubt in your mind the right man.  If Bob was the man for you, you wouldn't have to juggle him around.  You obviously have doubts about him.  Besides if you give your self some time sometimes thoughs doubts will go away too.  So I would date some other guys for awhile and try not to make it deep. Just have fun.

-Juju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
3 posted 2005-09-13 06:08 AM

Be sure you aren't having feelings for 'bob' out of boredom, or like a safety net. He was safe and kind when 'joe' was around, and you were messing him around.

I understand that when you're young, relationships can be a little bit fickle, everyone's learning. However, 'bob' has obviously learnt from your behaviour, and doesn't want to stand for it. Which is good in some ways, believe it or not.

Before you tell him something/or even try to about how you feel, consider some things,

do you really like him, enough to respect him enough not to go off on a whim with joe or any other guy again?

Or is it just boredom or loneliness thats making him sound so appealling, and not real interest. Maybe when you have him again you won't want him again?

If there's a good chance you feel you may do to 'bob' what you did to him before, respect him enough not to make him go through all that again, and don't even go there.

But if you do feel you can be good to 'bob', then go for it, but make no mistake in the fact you've probably got some hard work ahead of you making him trust you.

And what to say? a genuine 'Sorry about the way i treated you, you didn't deserve it' might be a good starting point!

Sometimes when people don't apologise, and don't even realise they haven't is the thing that hurts most, like they havent acknowledged the pain they caused you. Even though apologies sometimes feel like 'just words' its better to apologise and mean it than to not bother because you think it'll make no difference.

I hope it goes well, whatever you choose to do.  

Damned ladies of Orpheus
Your arias cause a stir in my sad
Sad and lonely heart

AllyKat
since 2005-01-30
Posts 73
jeffersonville,in
4 posted 2005-09-13 08:50 PM

Hmmm....so much good advice.  I wasn't cheating on him though, Juju.  I really like gem's advice....that was what I was thinking.  And I swore to myself that if I DID go back out with him that I wouldn't do that to him again.  If we HAD to break up it would have to be for something better...not some lame excuse like another guy.>gosh was I immature!!<    I really like everyones advice but i'm gonna have to go with something that was closer to my idea.....Thnx again, especially gem.  
               ~Alli~

I remember us together
I remember the times we shared
I remember when we loved eachother
I remember when you once cared.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I need some help from pip girls please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary