navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Poker Fever
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poker Fever Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2005-08-11 07:51 PM

For about five years now, I've been acculturated into the wild world of poker, a game which has accelerated madly in popularity with the World Series of Poker burgeoning in ratings, a crop of new celebrity-based poker tour programming, and 2 in 3 college students now admitting to giving the game a try.

Wanna tag along and play with me and/or learn to play? You can join me at this non-pay site! Registration is free and it is nothing but safe, free play!
http://www.partypoker.net/

If you y'all wanna keep an eye out for me, I play by the name MrJazzHands, under account name FastCompany.

Care to show off some of your chip shuffling?

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2005 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
1 posted 2005-08-11 08:11 PM

Sounds like fun, but I'll have to pass.  Haven't played any form of poker since the one time I drew a Royal Flush in Clubs in 5 Card Draw and lost the pot.  Friend of mine (very highly competitive Scorpio) saw my bid (everything) and raised one dollar chip (we played with chips, not cash).  Haven't played since, and that was 1987.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2005-08-11 08:42 PM

Job, school, poetry AND poker. How do you do it?

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2005-08-11 09:15 PM

Free poker is an oxymoron.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2005-08-11 09:34 PM

Hehe, thats where my boyfriend plays. He's crazy about it, a bit toooo crazy, but he hasn't crossed the line.. yet :P He's tried to teach me somet hings, but it doesn't really take :P

Have fun betting, guys

Love's a lovely lad
His bringing up is beauty
Who loves him not is mad
For I must pay him duty
-Anonymous

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2005-08-11 11:49 PM

(giggles) Yep, we Scorpios are pretty competitive, aren't we? (giggles) I never play for real money as I believe it irresponsible most of the time, especially when fathers or mothers do it with money they should be spending on raising their families! It can be very addicting and dangerous when real bucks are thrown in the middle!

LOL! And Ron, you're so right about the oxymoron!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
6 posted 2005-08-12 01:24 PM

LOL i play there all the time....its fun and addicting ... I'll email you my screen name...

In your light I learn how to love
In your beauty how to make poems
You dance inside my chest where
no one sees you and that sight becomes this art

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2005-08-12 04:21 PM

Many often stereotype poker as just a silly game that almost excavates the hatchet of competitiveness, which that statement I find to be half-right.

I've always found it's a game that really helps you learn about other people, forms a unique sense of coterie. You know how Forrest Gump's mom said in the movie you can learn a lot about a person just by looking at their shoes. I find you can learn a lot about someone by the way they play games like that.

There's no doubt the game can get fiercely competitive, but personality plays a major role in the game. I find the best of players are able to discipline their competitive spirit and train themselves to be versatile and fuse their passion and competitive spirit in good measure.

I often love to be the harmonizer at the table, and often love posting in the chat box during the game, cheering everyone for good hands and wanting to learn more about who I'm playing with.

Yay, Greeneyes, I'd love to play sometime with you, yay!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2005-08-13 05:30 PM

Just wanted to also add that my dad has now joined the bandwagon too. You can find him under identity Michael123ME.

I've made a net gain of 7,254 chips in the first three days. My dad has come out less fortunate early on in the first two days, minus -650 now, but I've been rooting him on and have the greatest faith he'll surge right on back up there!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2005-08-17 08:35 PM

I played my first on-line tournament today, a FreeMillion daily contest for a table seat at the forthcoming Million Dollar Championship (the ten finalists of each day are eligible to play at the championship)

I finished 264th out of 1,819 in my first ever tournament. I'm very proud of myself for finishing that high as a first-timer!

The way I play makes justice of my Scorpio sign I guess! (giggles) I'm a pretty conservative player many turns, but I never hesitate to make a 180 out of nowhere and put on a curveball! (giggles)

Looks like I'm getting fellow KBOO friends in the poker fray too! (giggles) Fellow anchor Liam and others should declare their names soon!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Poker Fever

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary