navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince Discussion Thread
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince Discussion Thread Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2005-07-19 07:13 PM

I just finished the new Harry Potter book (I'm a huge Harry Potter freak, LOL! ) and just like the end of "The Order of the Phoenix", it brought me to tears!

Whoever else has read it will be shocked at who the Half-Blood Prince is, what character tragically dies, the secrets of Voldemort's past, the discovery of Voldemort's weakness, and how Malfoy manages to get Death Eaters into Hogwarts.

The Half-Blood Prince may be the person you least suspect!

Thoughts on the new book, while trying to keep spoilers to a minimum for now?

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

© Copyright 2005 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2005-07-19 08:23 PM

LOL, I've only read the first Potter book!
But isn't it wonderful how so many children around the world are now 'turned-on' to reading?
Now, if I could write like that lady? sheesh
dreamin

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
2 posted 2005-07-20 02:02 AM

I read all three to Billy - going on the fourth and he can tell you more about it than I can LOL  (he is 6)
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2005-07-20 12:22 PM

just got the book for mine....
Caraway
since 2005-07-14
Posts 24

4 posted 2005-07-20 01:22 PM

ahhhhhhhhh Im readin git now! page 365 or somthing like that.   Now I must go and read more since seeing this post.
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2005-07-20 02:26 PM

I've been a huge Harry Potter freakazoid since "The Goblet Of Fire" came out, LOL! It was then I got to read and appreciate the first three prior to that release, but then when I saw Harry mature and became attracted to Dumbledore and Hagrid and other wonderful characters in the fourth book, I couldn't stop reading, and have since been at book release celebrations for "The Order of the Phoenix" and "The Half-Blood Prince".

I even bought a Butterbeer at the Powell's opening Friday at midnight (It was butterscotch-flavored Italian soda, LOL!)

J.K Rowling has given the world sooooooooo much. She singlehandedly is helping inspire children to read worldwide, giving them one strong reason why reading is still cool. I read all the time myself, but J.K Rowling is one of my favorites in that she has an uncanny ability of knowing exactly where her story is taking us while also making her characters grow up naturally as though we're actually sitting there witnessing them growing up.

Better yet, I absolutely respect how her immense fortune (the fact that she is now the richest woman in all the U.K) hasn't spoiled her at all or changed her. She still writes with the utmost love as though she's still the same J.K Rowling who struggled through the winter rain and scrambled around in coffee shops for shelter with her daughter nurtured under her brown coat writing outlines for what would become this worldwide phenomenon.

Just like Rowling, I'm very much going to dread the fact that the next Harry Potter book will be the last, but all good things must come to an end sometimes, I suppose, and regardless I'll look forward to where else her quill takes us.

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Caraway
since 2005-07-14
Posts 24

6 posted 2005-07-20 05:03 PM

Yeah, but at least we have the movies to look foward too.  
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
7 posted 2005-07-20 07:04 PM

yes, I enjoy the movies, those are fun. My kids are eating the book up! Makes me happy to see them read so much and love it!
Caraway
since 2005-07-14
Posts 24

8 posted 2005-07-22 01:04 AM

I just finished it! Nooooooooooooo I cried.
*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
9 posted 2005-07-23 01:10 AM

I've read all six and I actually cried at the end which has never really happened to me with a book before...

I can't wait for the 7th book to come out! ^_^

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
10 posted 2005-07-24 05:40 PM

Good book.  Got my hands on it yesterday evening, read a few chapters, then finished it today.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince Discussion Thread

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary