navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ideas to cheer me up
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ideas to cheer me up Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2005-04-20 07:12 PM

I need helpful hints (of a healthy variety please)on things I can do to get those old endorphins flowing again. There are some restrictions--

1)no cooking please and no eating (I'm kinda sorta dieting--kinda sorta means I'm cutting back and not even whispering "diet" and, I know, I know, I just typed it twice too) so my metabolism probably already has heard the news and has slowed to a pitiful crawl. But um...anyhow, no ice cream suggestions, no pizza, no fun.

2)sex is a nice fantasy but...alas, the long story short? I'm married and there have been a few medical problems on both sides of the bed. (Yep folks, we retired the trapeze.) It's all done with hand puppets now.

3)Medical problems limit my exercize ability, but I can walk, and do, and yep, that's helping.

4)Writing? nod, I have a couple of ideas for comedy writing, but no poetry, since, as evidenced by my recent offerings, all that comes out are dirges.

So feel free to add to the list.

And oh--I accidentally cheered myself this afternoon. I went to the thrift store (and I made it through without tears this time Jan--um, folks, it's the one me and my sis used to frequent together, so last week when I tried it was rather tearful) but anyhoo, I was digging through the racks, and yep, I let myself dig through the petite sizes too, since occasionally I run across a find that I can resell. Like today.

Okay...it's technically not designer...but?

*smile* a tiny little slip of a dress, tiger-print textiles and the knock-off design by Tessuto--and I paid $1.50 for it, with the Saks label still bragging on it! That one dress should pay for my entire shopping trip! (yay ME)

So yeah...shopping works too, but it isn't often you find the deals to shop for free, so feel free to add your own suggestions.

Love to all.

I'm trying, folks.

© Copyright 2005 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-04-20 07:22 PM

volunteer some time, if you have it, at a kindergarten class or a daycare.... a busy one, offer to help at art time, or come up with a project the kids can do....or go a few years older, and have them write poems for their moms( Mother's Day is around the corner). It will keep you focused on what they are doing, and you will laugh a lot.  
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2005-04-20 07:50 PM

Babies? are a big yes, but right now?

kids? heh.

Don't ask.

I have enough to do with keeping up with boy genius, not to mention the father of boy genius.

Weird, how that happened.

But thanks Sea, and yes, it does help to help others when I'm able. And thank you for helping me!

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
3 posted 2005-04-20 08:22 PM

hOw about wunna these?

and grab yer sweetie and give him a back rub -- foot rub -- smooches are good -- better even -- they produce lotsa endorphins

do volunteer -- go to a shelter or something if you can't take the kids -- help somebody with their garden --

and -- um -- I know I'm not supposed to mention food - but depriving yourself is ALL WRONG darlin -- yanno what I just had?  A Southbeach Diet Pizza -- I looked at the ingredients and it's got all the right stuff in it -- just like I woulda cooked it -- and they didn't throw a bunch of pasty cooked marinara on top either -- nope -- fresh crushed tomatoes European style just like I'd do it -- there's low carb ice cream out there too -- depriving yourself never works -- lifestyle changes are what it's all about -- fresh foods, whole grains, lean meats, and spice them up.

Grow your own herbs -- my Basil, Oregano, Thyme, and Parsley plants are useful and fun to grow.

Use your experience to help others -- there are people who don't know beans about beans -- you know lots -- you're a Goddess!  So what if you have doubts -- brave people aren't fearless -- they just manage it.

Find some of your like-minded sisters and get together and do what you do-- pray, rant, cry, laugh

Embrace the pain -- recognize how fortunate you are to FEEL -- and remember the times you've made it through the pain before to laugh -- you're strong

Give your nephew, mom, twist, a small gift -- teddy bear, a picture of something meaningful, make a quilt out of bits and peices of your lives together...

and these

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
4 posted 2005-04-20 08:33 PM

oh,

yeah....

that dirge thing -- they're coming out cause they're IN THERE!  better out than in -- keep writing them out -- you don't have to post them all -- just write dammit.... write -- that's what you do -- who you are -- write them...

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
5 posted 2005-04-20 08:39 PM

something productive or just to make yourself feel better? if its the former, what hell do i know about productivity? grins
if it's the latter, i say sit down throw in a monty python flick and laugh at the absurdity of it all(the movie and life itself) shrugs. i dunno, i can send naked pics if that doesn't work, that's sure to make you laugh..or cry..yeh nm

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
6 posted 2005-04-20 08:50 PM

Karen ,I have one word for you...

MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out your favorite hard and heavy CD/Tape/LP/8-track (yes, I am THAT old) and ROCK YOUR BRAINS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And dancing is optional and even free

They took pictures of our dreams
Ran to hide behind the stairs
And said maybe when it's right for you, they'll fall

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
7 posted 2005-04-20 09:14 PM

Orrrrrrrrrr...you could start another public journal thread. I know that sure made me happy!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
8 posted 2005-04-20 09:26 PM

i second larry's idea! but i still think you need a bit of python in you(er, that sounded like a bad pick-up line)
SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
9 posted 2005-04-20 09:29 PM

definitely go with Raph's idea...get the pics ...then send them to the girls!!!!

ok no kids right now.....how about planting flowers? I like the idea of helping the elderly too...that's cool...
yoga? Can you do that? I hear it's pretty good...I haven't done it yet myself cause I think I would hurt myself..LOL...I am so uncoordinated...

what about working with animals? That would be good..?? maybe?

I just wish I could go "ta-da"!!!! and take the hurt away...I'm sorry I can't.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
10 posted 2005-04-20 09:51 PM

I think you should wallow.

Yep that's right! Here are the directions:

Take an ordinary garden hose and hook it up to a water source (preferably not your neighbors).

With a small shovel, dig an indentation in your back yard.

Fill said indentation with water. Let it ruminate for a day.

On the second day, fill it with water again - but this time only about 1/4 of the way up.

Take your handy dandy shovel and turn over the dirt on the bottom making lots and lots of nice oozy mud. Keep the hose running and handy - you're gonna need it!

Now, wearing these specific items:

A pair of hubbies boxer shorts
A shirt that has been worn for house painting.
A hat that has flowers and birds and fruit on it.

Now...here's the exciting part.

Get your butt into that mud and

WALLOW!!!

Scoop it up and plaster it all over you - all but the hat!  Make yourself a human mud covered poet! Roll around in it (careful not to get it in your mouth or ears - that's hard to get out).

Flick any stray worms or insects into the yard. Let them find their own private wallow hole!

After half an hour, rinse off with the hose. This could take some time and if done on a cold day could be quite chilly!

Run (yes RUN) into the house.

Throw the clothes to the floor in the bathroom and (still wearing the hat) take a LONG HOT Shower!!! When almost done, toss the hat onto the floor and wash your hair.

Cover up with a warm robe. Go sit on the sofa with a warm cup of cocoa.

Smile.

If that doesn't do it - I'm afraid it's a 'shampoo' directive. Wash, Rinse REPEAT!!

Do it again tomorrow!!!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 2005-04-20 09:52 PM

quote:
but I can walk, and do, and yep, that's helping.

Let me ship you up here and you can help me "walk" all over the house. I've lost five pounds in the last five days, going up, down, around, bending, lifting, [you don't have to bend or lift] with the packing, pitching, putting away....

and you'll love the small "hill" to walk around...and the waterfall...and the wind...

come see me.  We'll do it together!

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
12 posted 2005-04-20 09:58 PM

Get yourself a colouring book and crayons. I have some and would gladly share if you were close by.
sounds silly I know ... but it is relaxing and allows the heart and mind to mellow out   Luv Ya Lady!!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
13 posted 2005-04-20 10:33 PM

Chris is right!  Do some crafts - anything that challenges your creativity Karen by using your hands to make something yourself.  

If that fails listen to Reb - he speaks the honest truth...

Embrace the pain -- recognize how fortunate you are to FEEL -- and remember the times you've made it through the pain before to laugh -- you're strong.

Believe me when I tell you that you truly are getting so much stronger in sensitivity, and sensibility too!

As for my own favorite suggestions:

If you can walk - you can dance, so put on music, and dance with the fridge, door jam, the wall, whatever.

Paint your toes all different colors, it is guaranteed to make you feel 100% better.

Dress so absurb that people will notice then go out like that and just try starting conversations with people wearing a high-heel and a gumboot - I dare you!  

Hang in there, it will get better until the next time unfortunately.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
14 posted 2005-04-21 12:26 PM

quote:
I think you should wallow.

Yep that's right! Here are the directions:

Sorry, Sharon, but your directions are clearly from someone who hasn't spent much time in Louisiana. You have to remember that sea level is just about knee high in most places and Spring brings lots of rain. There's a reason, after all, they bury people above ground?

The only thing you need for wallowing in Louisiana is a walk across the yard.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2005-04-21 12:39 PM

Actually Ron? It's mudbug season and...well, yeah.

I winced.

Even if I weren't mistaken for the world's largest crawfish...the idea of my toes being nibbled on...

well, now...wait a minute. Let's not be rash.

It could be good. *nodding*

Thanks, Shar!

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
16 posted 2005-04-21 01:03 AM

Looks like everyone's already said most of the things I can think of, but I'll add my two cents any way. What can I say... I'm rich!

Build something fun - Hammering is cathartic! A dollhouse, a bird cage, a sandbox... My grandpa built me a big red sandbox when I was a little. It's SO fun to make sandcastles.

Volunteering - now I know people have mentioned volunteering with kids already, but they can be a bit too lively for me. And I absolutely love doing the nursing home thang, but not right away since it can be such a reminder. An alternative to both is helping the homeless. If you go to a shelter you can't do the cooking, but if you find some sort of a group that does it then a lot of times you can make the food and then help serve it. This way you get to cook without gaining weight lol and you help people. Plus if you get to talk to them you can hear some really interesting stories.

Games - I think it was you who suggested I play Candyland. And hey, it worked! Find people to play that or other games with. There's pictionary, cranium, uno, skip-bo, mastermind, or my personal favorite, The Little Mermaid board game. If you can't get people together to play, then do puzzles.

Go garage-saling - I have way too much stuff, but still can't resist walking or driving around all day and finding weird stuff that I just can't live without.

Book sales - obviously! And it's fun to get old art books with pictures, then you can make weird collages or you can color/paint the black and white ones.

Go to the zoo.

Sew/knit/crochet - and if you don't know how then get a book and learn. If you get into it, it can get addictive.

Bonfire - burning things is fun. Also a good way to get rid of the garage sale things you couldn't live without and now understand you also can't live with.

And that's it for now. I always end up saying more then I plan!

Take care.

Ooh and I thought of something else. Chalk! Sidewalk chalk that is. Or a tea party. Or painting rocks. Or finding shapes in the clouds. Now I'm done... I hope.

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

[This message has been edited by GG (04-21-2005 01:37 AM).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

17 posted 2005-04-21 02:38 AM

Thank you all so much--Shar? I'm still remembering your last advice too--wasn't there something about a bird dance???

I love you lady.

*giggle*

And yep--

Something's up with all these birds, I tell ya.  

And Raph, oh Raph--you are somethin' else. You offer up nude pics, without ever designating of WHOM. (I'm catchin' on, I yam.) *chuckle*

The coloring, Chrislane? I'd forgotten 'bout that. And I really do have the best felt tip pen selection, AND...this deck of tarot that is uncolored, just so I can do that very thang. *hugs*

Ringo/brad dude? Music? I don't do a thing without it. I have had to put Sarah McLaughlin aside for a bit though, and I actually borrowed some Glenn Miller from my Mom. (I know, but I am eclectic that way...)
*kissyou*, sweets! I think I'll borrow Bennie Goodman next. Weird like that, I yam.

Mystie-Shar? I went shopping today. I need to know your size, so e mail or IM me. I found lotsa lovelies---chinese silks, Indian cottons, Italian textile work--all the stuff we love. So hug me and let me know, k?

Larry? One heart-to-heart hug, from you would be dynamic-shamanic. I hope you know how much I love, admire, and respect you my friend.

Sue? I'm grinning here. I'm remembering your last suggestion--seems you find target practice to be an anti-depressant, right? If you still care/dare to take me along, I'm game. *wince* poor choice of words, but you know what I mean--er, doncha?
*winks*

Kari? There's a bench, just waiting for us, remember? And, as a certain moth says, if I have to walk on my lips (watch Raph get excited) I will be there. Love you lady. *smooches*

And Chrislane KNEW. The colors. *shaking my head* Lady, that's the same damned thing I recommend to everybody and I didn't think of it once for me. So yeah, blush, hugging you hard, I just may finish that B.O.T.A. deck yet.

Ron? Since there wasn't a clear suggestion there, I decided I'd just walk across the yard for you. Um, and yep, I was gonna say that you wouldn't believe what I stepped in, but um, somewhow, I think you would, and you'd understand. Somehow I think it's happened to you too. So hugs, and thanks for the birds. They do, um, things so much more delicately than most. *hugs*

GG? Nodding. It was me with the Candyland suggestion. I don't have the game anymore, but I did watch Willy Wonka last night--does that count? (I'm hoping they don't mess it up too bad with the re-make too)

I wanna be like Mr. Wonka...you know, that classic scene where we all get that first glimpse, and Gene Wilder shuffles along with the cane, only to go into a dazzling forward roll, landing upright, on his feet.

Yeah. I wanna be that guy.  

And Reb? I'm planting flowers, as I find out Pip's faves...so I'll plant the herbs in honor of you. Basil I think. It smells heavenly when it rains, and um, normally it does that alot here.

Thanks all.

I love you much.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
18 posted 2005-04-21 03:13 AM

lemme think . . .

OK . . .

Do you have a bookstore by you, K? Like one where you can just go to and sit in and read without anyone caring?  Like a Barnes & Noble or a Borders? Or they just opened this huge chain of used bookstores here . . .

anyhow . . . go to the bookstore, go to the library and just lose yourself in words.  It always works for me, when I do this, five hours usually pass by and I had not noticed and I leafed through a stack of books . . . that was where I found out all that info about the cemetaries by you.

Books make me feel . . . God, I cannot even explain it . .  just touching the covers, running my hands over the spine, getting lost in someone else's pain and sorrow, someone else's truths and ideals, another time and place, the future, myself . . . Books make me feel together.  They kind of weave the past, present and future together and help me to make sense of THIS day.  

The library is nice and quiet and you can hide there if you need to . . . but the bookstores always work for me . . . makes me at peace with myself.   PLUS, it knocks all those tied up words and worries right out of yer head. (that reminded me of that shampoo commercial all of a sudden . . . gonna wash that ____ right outta my hair .  . what the heck was that?)

Plus it's free . . . you can read all you want and jot down references to look up when you get home online . . . a lot of books ARE online now and nobody cares when you are at the bookstore or the library, everyone is there for the same reason anyhow . . .

Good Luck Lady . . .   
My love is with you.

I forgot . . . a bonus . . . you can go alone and nobody (ok, they shouldn't) bother you)

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

19 posted 2005-04-21 03:31 AM

Sue?

Because you know me, and you know twist so well, I feel like I can say this to you.

It's like the three of us were a braid...and one of the strands is gone, and we feel "scalped".

So I guess, no--I know, me and twist have to find a new way to be, and it's so damned hard.

We're kind of lost right now. But thank you, so much for your loving mail and thoughts.

We love you back yanno.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
20 posted 2005-04-21 03:40 AM

aww where is you?  

I am so sorry Karen, Jesus . . .

You guys . . . I just want to grab the both of you up and make it all better. I can't DO anything and I hate that, I really do.  

I am glad you know I am here and My God, of course you are going to feel like that.  I cannot even begin to imagine.  

It makes me really mad at the world, you know?  When things like that happen and I just want you and Twist to make peace with yourselves . . .

Ok, this will make you laugh, I swear . . . I was looking for that King book for you and everytime I went to the frigging book store they didn't have the damn thing, so I was in a used bookstore and OMG I found a hard cover copy in beautiful condition and I opened it up and LMFAO because it was in that READERS DIGEST LARGE PRINT and I really did laugh in the store because I thought you would have thought that was funny . . . I should have got it and sent it anyhow . . . *shaking head*

Just try and be good to yourselves and My God . . . cry . . . Janis knew something the rest of us did not.

I will send something soon to you guys . . .

and of course I know . . . sheesh

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

21 posted 2005-04-21 03:56 AM

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh....

Just a hug'll do.

I started this thread because I realized that all the old stand-by remedies wouldn't work this time.

I'm nodding as I type, because I know it's true, I'm going to have let myself feel this one, and then I'm going to feel all of them again, and damn I wish I could sleep, but?

*chuckle*

I once bragged to Cpat Hair that I slept a full 8 hours and he replied,

"Great, now you're good to go for a week!"

damn I miss him too

Send nothing but prayers m'friend.

That's all we need anyway.

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

22 posted 2005-04-21 08:08 AM

Uh Hum......

ma'am... you have grossly misquoted me and I am terribly not offended... you left out the placeholders for the less than refined words I used..

lol

((( hugs )))

you know how to type..which is obvious..and you know my e-mail address... so I am never too far away...though I am often now tied up ( hey...get your mind up out of the gutter! )
for extended periods of time and not able to get to e-mails as quickly as I would like..

and ya know...I don't write much these days... and have NO time really to reply to people...so..until I can be a good or better player in the arena..I sit the sidelines and I read when I can...

your "dirges" ma'am... are poetry... and as I have read... done quite well.. so stop knocking the poems..

mudbug season huh? hmmmm... suck the heads and peel the tails..... LOL

hush.... stop that!

LOVE YA KID....

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
23 posted 2005-04-21 08:49 AM

*cough*

Naked pics of Raph (or some unknown)?
Oddly, I never got that offer...phhhhhhht.

Karen, not sure I have much to offer in the way of suggestions (okay I do have much to offer but that is not what you want right now).

But here is something I enjoy.  People watching.  I love to just sit back (I actually do this mostly at the gym while on the treadmill...and you can walk) and watch all the colorful people.  I make up stories in my head about them as well...the funnier the better.     

Honestly, I would have said lots and lots of sex but well...dang.  

love you Lady.  (and I sent baby pics for you!)

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
24 posted 2005-04-21 08:58 AM

actually, this Saturday morning, I'm going! You should come. You would love it. It's very theraputic (did I spell that right?) and a lot of fun. Jon got new targets that have orange ink in them so when you hit it, it shows right where you hit! You don't have to walk down to it and check, you can see from where you are! Neat...

Sharon's idea about dressing funny...OMG that would be fun...do that then go out for tea...or lunch...hysterical...

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

25 posted 2005-04-21 09:18 AM

susie-sea?

sigh

It's therapeutic.

grin

you're adorable.

And yanno? I know, a thrice twine rope is strong, but maybe with two we can do something artful.

Cathy would like that.  

susan?

The baby is adorable.

You are do-able.

Cap?

sigh...can I just curl up on a rag rug somewhere in your vicinity?

It's been "ruff". (groan, I know, but hey? I tried to make your quote nice---grin--and it's all that censorship on yer end--MUDBUGS MAH ASS!!!)

but hey...?

thanks

AND?

Dress funny?

*frown*

yer typing at a woman with a cig hanging out her mouth, in a red toga, wearing a tiarra--and yanno what?

SHARON WOULD APPROVE.

*chuckle*

Jezzika
since 2005-01-05
Posts 154
work
26 posted 2005-04-21 10:25 AM

After i read all of those replys i was like dang it I am out and then i remebered something that is so much fun.  Take your whole family to the rollerskating rink.  Make sure every one rollerskates k?  Even if you cannot do it very well.  It is fun to laugh at every one falling down and clinging to the wall and if you do not like roller skating go there and just watch all the little kids learning how to skate.  It is so much fun.  I am so sorry about what happened.  I hope that you feel better.  *hugs*

Jezzika

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
27 posted 2005-04-21 10:37 AM

er..can we get past raph's naked pics? ok fine i'll post one already, it's very artsy

and susan, i've extended the offer to come here and take your own grins

JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA
28 posted 2005-04-21 11:18 AM

Mmmm, I'm not known well by the majority of you.  I was hesitant about posting a thought I had, but felt it was to important to not say.  Hope it comes across as I thought it!

When I am down and depressed I have a routine of things I can do to try and take my mind off of things.  I assume this means that alot of the depressed feelings is based on what my mind is thinking about.  Yet, many of the items on my list are temporary distractions from what is usually a large problem.  Eventually, for me I have to understand what is going on, try to fix it or accept that its something I can not change and find out how to live with it.  Given that is the later, learn how to cope with it, the most redeeming thing I have ever felt is the love of friends and family.

Finally I get to my point.  There is something to be said about the expression of love in time of need.  To truly escape from the binds of depression you have to walk through it, but when I read the responses you got in this thread it was really an inspiration.  It reminds me of;

"Footprints

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish,
sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,
so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you.”

by Mary Stevenson"

You can even take the references to the "Lord" and replace them with friends or family names and it rings so true.

I appreciate you posting this thread and I am glad I got the opporunity to read the hearts of so many that care for you.  Maybe, it helps you to know that your outcry cured a small bit of depression I was going through myself today.  Hope this comes across like I think I've said it.

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
29 posted 2005-04-21 08:42 PM

ok Karen, I have a great idea! Get a tattoo!! Talk about the endorphins! mmmmm loooooooooooove getting tattoos...it's a total rush...the legal kind

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
30 posted 2005-04-22 12:43 PM

Let's all get the same tattoo, a tiara and I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Sea, Tori and I dress that way quite often, Karen knows this.  We head uptown dressed worse than tacky tourists and enjoy the uptight people who look at us.  It has to be their problem not ours, and we make sure it is before we head home hopping and skipping I might add.

Karen, your idea to create a new braid of two strands is a great idea, but weave into it some memories of Cathy for glue.  You could create a dedication page to her on your site?  Let everyone know why she was so special.

Before I shut up I loved Josh's last paragraph - that hit my heart hard, hope it shows you that for everything as you know there is a reason.

Now about that tattoo?  You up for the challenge?  If you are I will do it too   

Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
31 posted 2005-04-22 02:47 AM

South Park is always a decent pick-me-up..

But then again, I am undoubtfully immature. *grin*

I would suggest....hmmm......without the food thing, this is verily hard!

HMPH!

*zips pants and walks away*
*psst...I'll think on this....

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
32 posted 2005-04-22 03:19 AM

Karen . . . plant, plant, plant . . . get your hands in that dirt . . . you and Twist can do that together . . . and if you don't want to get your hands in the dirt then have Twist get her hands in the dirt and you can run barefoot in it!  See?  I can picture that too . . . Twist planting being all serious and you whipping your sandals off and running through what she had tilled . . .

Create life, Lady . . .  

The roller skating works . . . awesome idea . . .I wanna go do that now.

And too bad for you, you will get something soon, but here is another
for you and for
Twist and when you go to sleep,
right before. . .
just say the 23rd . . .
it always works for me . . .

(didja see that?  Ron was peekin right over your shoulder back there . . .)

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

33 posted 2005-04-22 10:03 AM

yeah..I had an idea...

ohyeah....I can't say that here...

never mind.....

lol

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
34 posted 2005-04-22 11:39 AM

Skating is a good idea. Just went not too long ago, I felt like an idiot but it was fun.

Tattoo? Count me in.....

Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
35 posted 2005-04-22 03:41 PM

I don't suppose a trip to margaritaville is an option?

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
36 posted 2005-04-22 03:58 PM

:::::::::packing::::::::::

oh good lord, lets go!!! all of us!!!!

I will drink so much I puke.

Someone just hold my hair, okay?

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

37 posted 2005-04-22 03:58 PM

smiling wide--

you guys are terrific. And Raph? You know I am one dawg-lovin' woman! Too cute, you!

And just a quick note to say thanks, twist is here, and I'll be back after we visit a bit.

LOVE TO YOU ALL.

And smile...Sharon? YES, I am okay.

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
38 posted 2005-04-25 09:51 PM

Contact your local Relay For Life chapter and find out if they need volunteers. You don't actually have to participate in the walk, there are many different ways you can volunteer your time. My wife and I are volunteers this year. We are doing the registration for the survivors dinner and then picking up pizzas for the day of the event. You can click on this link http://www.cancer.org/docroot/GI/gi_1.asp to find a relay near you.
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
39 posted 2005-04-26 12:52 PM

This was just too much fun today.  I was at Wal-Mart of all places, in the toy department, and I pushed every single button on every single thing there, that I could get my finger on!  The best part was that entire display of singing and dancing hamsters, and I especially loved, the "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" one and thought of you while I hid then pushed those ones all over again     in honor of a witch in N'Arlins. In case you want to pick a favorite button to push ahead of time, here ya go.
  http://www.bigdancelist.com/dancing_hamsters.html

I have actually given critters to people here in Pipps too (think I annoyed them?)

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
40 posted 2005-04-26 05:58 AM

I have one of Mysteria's dancing critters...my cat is leary of something that small that can sing so loud! Of course I keep it in my office!
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

41 posted 2005-04-26 08:28 AM

Hugging you both...

and this is really, truly, the hardest thing anyone has never not asked me to do...

I miss her, everyday.

I light candles every night.

I don't know what or who I am praying for anymore, but it feels good, and just looks good, to let the lights flicker on the wall.

I light alot of candles now.

I won two ivies at the church fair, and they frame the window, like good omens. I bought glass roses for my sisters grave, because glass doesn't die, and now they are sitting there like an accusation...I was told I'd have a ride today, for sure.

I know I ain't right folks.

I'm sorry.

sigh

Last night I let my daughter dye my hair honey blonde for something fun to do.

It came out light brown.

Grin.

It looks like it did when she was born...but she's thrilled, too.

Tonight? highlights!

yay

and?

American Idol

life is good anyway

I'll cook up some hamburger helper and pray for Bo Bice. *grin*

We knew it was between him and Constantine anyhow.

day-um

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
42 posted 2005-04-26 09:08 AM

quote:
Maybe, it helps you to know that your outcry cured a small bit of depression I was going through myself today.

I can only ditto Josh's comment, serenity. You see, on those days when I find the dark side of the sun, all I need do is come read your seeds, and become regenerated. No matter how bad some things seem, you always seem to leave a seed of hope...and encouragement.

Those two things, hand in hand, make a beautiful garden for Cathy's memory.

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
43 posted 2005-04-26 10:06 AM

I know I ain't right folks.

I'm sorry.

Karen dear heart, you are as right as rain and have nothing, absolutely nothing to apologize for. I am going to join you in lighting a candle for Cathy...then I am going to light one for you....and pray that you can "see" the flickering flame in my window.....and know that thought miles may part us .... I hold you in my heart. Wish I could hug you. Chrislane

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

44 posted 2005-04-26 10:14 AM

smile...

light an extra candle?

I missed your b'day Chrislane.

and Sunshine? I'll be in touch soon. I just been feeling stuck, lady.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
45 posted 2005-04-26 11:11 AM

I know stuck.

I also know that you will fly again,
soon.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
46 posted 2005-04-26 03:14 PM

Just checking in to see how you are,  and I wanted to tell you the "hair thing" is going around.  I streaked mine too, and I love it!  I did it backwards though, and put brown in!  What fun in re-inventing yourself.  Cher does it all the time right

Hope you got a ride today to plant your footprints where they need to be.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
47 posted 2005-04-26 03:19 PM

quote:
This was just too much fun today.  I was at Wal-Mart of all places, in the toy department, and I pushed every single button on every single thing there, that I could get my finger on!

one of you eh, i worked in the toy deparment and we just l#ved when people would do that. argh. specially during xmas season..i still have flashbacks of 40 dancing ernie's going off at once. it's okay though, i just took it out on a skid of ornaments and lights..hammer, breaking glass..now that's therapy

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
48 posted 2005-04-26 05:42 PM

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
49 posted 2005-04-26 06:08 PM

/pip/Forum92/HTML/002165.html
a rewrite, for you, of a previous post
...soon it shall be Maypole time...

Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
50 posted 2005-04-27 03:43 AM

wait..wait..

where'd the drinking part of the discussion go?

margaritaville..helloo??

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
51 posted 2005-04-27 09:26 AM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO about the toy dept, I do the same thing and I am one of those awful people who just suff things where they don't belong if I don't want it anymore .  . ahahah Raph, that made me laugh and Sharon, I do the same thing, all the time, I squeak all the doggy toys, too.

Candles . . . it is good to see you dealing K . . . facing life right on . . . even if it doesnt feel like you are . . . you ARE.

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
52 posted 2005-04-27 01:19 PM

Kaoru
I was out the door once you suggested it...I am here sipping my margarita waiting for eveyone to get here. ****bartender! another****

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Ideas to cheer me up

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary