navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » OK... lounge people
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic OK... lounge people Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium

0 posted 2005-04-15 03:01 PM

Lately (duration: 6 months to 3 years) , I have been listening to a lot of internet radio...

AND they seem to be quite varied ...

So I would like to hear from you about :
1. do you listen to internet radio?
2. what 'channel'/website and so on?
3. do you enjoy it more than the 'radio' on 'radio'?

I am just a bit curious  

and there is a whole lot of curious  

thanks
sudhir
P.S. If this topic is way off, do let me know as well  

© Copyright 2005 Sudhir Iyer - All Rights Reserved
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
1 posted 2005-04-15 04:57 PM

I have Yahoo messenger so I use Launch Cast most of the time. I listen to almost anything. Don't really care for rap/hip hip but will listen to a little of that as well, depending on my mood. Mostly I listen to Classic Rock or Today's Country. I definitely like it better than regular radio. It doesn't have near the commercial crap as regular radio does and I have skip capability as well, so if I don't like it, I can just skip it and go on to another song.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2005-04-15 06:47 PM

I haven't as of yet, but when Noah gets on his thing at his radio station, and tells us where to tune in at, I will then. Other than that? I don't like the radio very much, in the mornings they talk way too much for me, and i don't really have time to listen other than that....I need to get that XM radio...that would be cool....
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2005-04-15 10:00 PM

Occasionally, I listen to the internet stations... however I have to really be in the moos, or there has to be something on (like Noah's show) that I really want to listen to. I go onto 365.com or Launch, or whatever I happen to hit at the moment.

They took pictures of our dreams
Ran to hide behind the stairs
And said maybe when it's right for you, they'll fall

bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
4 posted 2005-04-17 10:52 PM

ChoiceRadio.com here
Bernie

no commercials, just music

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA
5 posted 2005-04-19 01:55 PM

Launchcast is the best I've found so far and I use it during work the most.  I spent a lot of time rating my favs and it is paying off now.  If you're at a deskjob and can get access to launchcast I would definetly look into it.  I paid the yearly fee (24 dollars) and its well worth it.  No commercials and it plays the music I want it to play.
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
6 posted 2005-04-19 02:42 PM

Thanks all for your replies...

Yes, Launchcast is very good
So too is Virgin Radio Classic Rock.

Keep listening

Regards
sudhir

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » OK... lounge people

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary