navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Rejected....AGAIN!!
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rejected....AGAIN!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2003-11-02 07:13 PM

Hey you lot,

Was wondering...WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???????
No one ever gets feelings for me or fancies me. EVER!! N like for once I thought this one guy did...and sort of a bit of stuff happened n all...and then I asked him tonight if he had feelings beyond friendship for me and he said no. Its so unfair!! I'm 20 and a half years old. No one has ever kissed me or even wanted to. No one has ever asked me out. Why??????? Ok I just felt the need to moan, cause now Im going to go to sleep and not feel much like waking up tomorrow. I havent even cried yet cos it hasnt really sunk in. Can just feel the weight on my chest getting heavier tho. Is there anyone who understands how I feel? If so I would really appreciate a few wise words...or jus some sympathy lol
:'(
Nite nite.

© Copyright 2003 ESP - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2003-11-02 08:14 PM

ok here's a hug

maybe that will help a bit...I don't know you but after all my years of marriage and now not..I feel the same way

M

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-11-02 08:31 PM

You know everything has a 'season'. A time to be born, a time to die...well love is like that too. Some of us start out as teenagers and fall in love and get loved by others left and right. Then there are those that don't...until...college! And then they have their season. Then there are those that don't get their season until after college! Trust me. Your season will get here.....just hang in there and wait for the change.

River
since 2003-09-16
Posts 627
my own little world
3 posted 2003-11-16 05:36 PM

hi, i agree with deVine, there is a time for everything i read that in a really really good book once even, lol. yeah, sometimes i get lonely too. i don't have the same problem about people likeing me, but i do have a problem with people that i'm interested in not liking me, and people i have absolutely no interest in at all, "falling head over heals". honestly i'm just waiting for the perfect guy to come along, but i'm not desperatly looking for him because i can be content with either being single or married. Your only 21 (or whatever age you said you are) and still have plenty of time for someone to come along. don't rush it, the time will either come or it won't. if it doesn't...don't let it be the end of the world. if it does...then...great! =). Hope this helps.

- River

Love hurts as bad as it feels good.

Robtm1965
since 2002-08-20
Posts 263

4 posted 2003-11-20 05:12 PM

"No one has ever kissed me or even wanted to"

Well for a start you need to quit thinking like that and be more logical!  

How can you possibly know whether anyone has ever "wanted" to kiss you?

For all you know there might be guys queuing up to kiss you but not daring to say anything because they are too shy.  Probably in fact you are the main topic of conversation in the pub each night; in fact I can just hear it now:

Scene: The Cock and Bull Pub at Henley on Thames

In the smoky public bar three shapes can just be made out through the blue noxious haze.

First guy (Justin Timberlake lookalike): "Geez, Paul have you seen that ESP chick who works on the Walmart checkout downtown, she is like WOW!!"

Second guy (Paul Newman double) (takes a sip of beer to calm down): "Sure I have Just I check her out everyday as I check out she is like double cool and gorgeous, plus sooo kind ..."

Third guy (sorta cross between Bill Clinton and Tony Blair): "Yeah, now you mention it I saw her help an old lady out with a whole pile of shopping the other day, she is sure one little saint."

All three stare glumly into their beer.

First guy: "Plain fact is guys I'm kinda scared to ask her out.  I mean like she is sooo beautiful and, like, almost too perfect"

Second guy: "Not to mention that she probably has guys calling round everyday bigger and better looking and richer than us"

Third guy: "Think I'll just stick to chasing Monica and Terrorists."

Fade out with vision of angelic check out assistant vaporising in the cigarette haze.

Cut.

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
5 posted 2003-11-20 09:38 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for this reply Robtm1965 See, actually, I am anything but drop dead gorgeous...I'm not ugly, but I am plain and I do have mild acne. So yeah u'd have to edit out all the "she's attractive" synonyms...that and I live in a country where there is no Walmart, they changed it to ASDA hehe
Seriously tho, thanks a million for taking the time to reply in such a bring on the smiles way!
Liz xxx
PS: I have managed to ascertain that tho he came round expecting casual sex, he did at least have a condom with him so he wasn't going to risk getting me pregnant...I guess that is something. Lol I asked him this evening about that actually and then followed it with "why me when i'm not even pretty or nething" and he went to bed saying he was too tired to come up with any more answers! Ooops! I know it was bizarre of me to ask these things but I was wondering and we are on talking terms so I thought I may as well ask. We still play bridge together actually. N Im already lots less broken up about him and what happened than I was. One night recently I was up from 1am to 4am just writing my thoughts and feelings out, and that is where the questions came up from. It helped me doing that though, it was kind of cathartic.
Anyway, I shall stop boring every1 with my story...not that any1 will read this probably!!
My soul mate is out there somewhere tho I know I may never be able to find him. Least he exists tho, has to be some comfort!
Ciao for now xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

Robtm1965
since 2002-08-20
Posts 263

6 posted 2003-11-21 04:40 AM

Liz

I'm glad it made you laugh it was meant to!

Sometimes some people seem to have a tough time "getting" my sense of humour.  Anyway beauty has very little to do with skin tone or looks as I'm sure you know - just as love probably doesn't have a great deal to do with sex.  Anyway, lecture over ... lol - best of luck on the man-hunt!

Take care

Rob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Rejected....AGAIN!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary