navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Working Hard
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Working Hard Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xelorz
since 2003-08-16
Posts 10
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2003-09-27 09:57 PM

I was given the task of writing a persuasive essay on something that I believe in (mostly as an intro to a class). I have decided to base my thesis on affects of "Hard work". The exact wording of the thesis I'm not quite sure of yet. Anyways, I'm trying to derive some subtopics concerning the affects of hard work, so far I have:
-It provides the most options throught life
-It helps to develop character (such things as Body,Mind,and Soul)
-It prepares you for demanding/tough situations

They may sound a bit simple and childish but I plan on developing them into something a bit more complex within the essay. At the moment those are all the points I have and for some reason I've hit a dry spell. I can't seem to think of anymore, although I'm quite sure there are quite a few more. So my reason in posting is to ask if anyone can think of anymore positive affects of working hard.

Thanks,
Xelorz

P.S This is introductory non-graded assignment, so I am not asking for help on my "homework".

© Copyright 2003 Xelorz - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2003-09-27 11:51 PM

Personal pride
Building and keeping one's integrity
The feeling of accomplishment

Actually, working ahrd and working smart are two different things... something to keep in mind with your essay.
Hope it helps.

We are all equal but we’re individually different
and able to reach the impossible if we try.

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
2 posted 2003-09-28 10:11 PM

Working hard... when you've finished with that essay I hope you'll post it. It might just be the boost i need to actually start working.. I'm soo lazy. Hard work is gratifying they say... I've yet to experience the gratification, kekeke
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
3 posted 2003-09-29 10:12 AM

Personal satisfaction
Pride
aw heck...even recognition for a job well done...who doesn't like a little praise...I'd like to read your essay when you are finished if you would care to share

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
4 posted 2003-09-30 07:09 AM

Working hard gives you the opportunity to advance your career... and I should know, I've just been given a promotion and a raise!

B

"I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell"~ Matchbox 20

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Working Hard

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary