navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Blackout
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blackout Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-08-15 01:52 PM

This was a very big thing in the northeast part. at around 4:30, my lights started flickering and then my computer just went out. After fuming that i just lost my report and unsaved research, I went down to the circuit breaker and flicked back the switches. Didn't work so i got worried. Soon, everyone in my street starts chattin and complaining that the power was out. The blackout was said to reach as far north as Canada in the Toronto area and as far west as Ohio. New York and Northern New Jersey were hit pretty bad. The power didn't come back until 5 in the morning at my house. Did the blackout affect anyone else here?
© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
Lochalsh, Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2003-08-20 06:25 PM

I live in canada, about 45 mins east of Toronto and i was writing an exam! when the power went off. sucked because it was a computer exam and nothing was saved. my power didnt come bach on untill 8:30pm on friday night
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Blackout

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary