navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Most Romantic Scene in a movie
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Most Romantic Scene in a movie Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone

0 posted 2001-03-23 06:32 PM

I was just wondering what you guys consider the most romantic scene you've seen in a movie

e.g. The scene in Sense and Sensibility when Hugh Grant explained to Emma Thompson that his brother was the one who got married and not him. Then Hugh Grant continues to tell Emma Thompson how much he actually wanted to be with her. That scene is so romantic in my book . Emma Thompson's reaction is a classic.

pls don't give all these old acting scenes wherein the girl and guy are looking out the window and into the horizon or the sky while the girl is crying and the guy telling her how much he loves her. That's gay

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

© Copyright 2001 acire - All Rights Reserved
coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

1 posted 2001-03-24 12:13 PM

Under the waterfall in "Last of the Mohicans" when Daniel Dey Lewis tells Madelaine Stowe: "I WILL find you!"

(The scenery in this movie is, in itself captivatingly romantic.)

Upstate New York before the "Borg".
"Resistance is futile."

"The poet is the priest of the invisible."
Wallace Stevens

mariee66
since 2000-01-30
Posts 596
Recess, OfYourMind
2 posted 2001-03-24 12:17 PM

I'd have to say one of the better romantic scenes is in My Best Friend's Wedding, when Julles is on the boat dancing with her best friend (and former boyfriend) who is about to marry. There are sparks flying everywhere as they slow dance to "their" song, and then there is sadness, as they both realize they need to let go of that part of their lives. Sigh...
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-03-24 01:42 AM

Yes Cayote, that scene in "Last of The Mohicans" was romantic indead

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2001-03-24 10:40 AM

Okay. . . here's one. . .

In Hope Floats, Harry Connick, Jr. meets Sandra Bullock's character at a dance and asks her to join him. . . they dance to a fast song, and then there's the scene. . . set to the song, To Make You Feel My Love (sung by Garth Brooks). . .

Time just stops right there. . .  

-----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2001-03-25 12:44 PM

Well I don't wanna be gay do I?My fav love movie is Before Sunrise and there's a scene where they're in Vienna sitting in some chairs and the woman is explaining how is there was any magic in the world it wouldn't be in God or the world but in the space between her and him. Just that little space seperating them, but drawing them closer to each other.

Mmmmm!!!

coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

6 posted 2001-03-25 03:52 PM

Thanks, Acire.
Glad you liked it too.

Another scene comes to mind, now:

In Forrest Gump, when he proposes to Jenny, knowing she is ill. True, unwavering, timeless, l-o-v-e.

"The poet is the priest of the invisible."
Wallace Stevens

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2001-03-25 06:01 PM

the all famous Dirty Dancing..when Baby says .."im afraid of walking out of here and never feeling again the way that I feel when I'm with you.." k so maybe thats not word for word..but u know what im talking about

and... I think this is from Jerry McGuire when she says..".. im just a girl looking at a boy asking him to love her.."

Aww makes me teary-eyed

*dq

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
8 posted 2001-03-25 06:43 PM

I can't focus on a specific scene from a specific movie right now, but for me it's when the lovers connect spiritually and you know, see and feel it is a life altering, soul altering moment! *sigh*

*War produces one thing - Cemetaries. And in cemetaries there are no enemies!*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
9 posted 2001-03-26 11:05 PM

the one where sandra bullock is lost in the mountains and some brave man risked life and limb getting to her just as a mountain lion was ready to pounce... she was very grateful and.... wait a minute ,, i think that was a dream.......

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

MIdsummerRain
since 2002-05-19
Posts 175
St. Louis, Missouri
10 posted 2002-06-21 05:13 AM

"I will find you, no matter how long it takes no matter how far...I will find you" :::SigHS::: The Last of the Mohicans "Waterfall Scene" is definately in my top 5!

NeXT?!?!?

" Everything I've ever done has been for you" What about Great Expectations? Ethan Hawk standing in the pouring rain, in the middle of the street professing his love... :::SigHS OncE AgaIN:::

AlthOUGH...

The MoST RomANTIC SceNE...Is In "ENDLESS LOVE". There is a moment in the middle of the movie, where everyone is gathered around at a party, where a woman is singing a song called "Endless Love" (the theme of course) My first love, you're every breath that I take, you're every step I make...Two hearts, two hearts that beat as one, our lives have just begun... While this woman is singing, Jade (Brooke Shields) looks at her love David (Martin Hewitt) on the stairs above the crowd, who is also looking at her with this look of upmost devotion; then, she slowly gets up & makes her way towards him; he stands & meets her in the middle of the staircase...Thats romance...

For in much wisdom is much grief
& he who increases knowledge
    increases sorrow...
                  Eccl. 1:18

MIdsummerRain
since 2002-05-19
Posts 175
St. Louis, Missouri
11 posted 2002-06-21 05:14 AM

"I will find you, no matter how long it takes no matter how far...I will find you" :::SigHS::: The Last of the Mohicans "Waterfall Scene" is definately in my top 5!

NeXT?!?!?

" Everything I've ever done has been for you" What about Great Expectations? Ethan Hawk standing in the pouring rain, in the middle of the street professing his love... :::SigHS OncE AgaIN:::

AlthOUGH...

The MoST RomANTIC SceNE...Is In "ENDLESS LOVE". There is a moment in the middle of the movie, where everyone is gathered around at a party, where a woman is singing a song called "Endless Love" (the theme of course) My first love, you're every breath that I take, you're every step I make...Two hearts, two hearts that beat as one, our lives have just begun... While this woman is singing, Jade (Brooke Shields) looks at her love David (Martin Hewitt) on the stairs above the crowd, who is also looking at her with this look of upmost devotion; then, she slowly gets up & makes her way towards him; he stands & meets her in the middle of the staircase...Thats romance...

For in much wisdom is much grief
& he who increases knowledge
    increases sorrow...
                  Eccl. 1:18

wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
12 posted 2002-06-21 05:25 AM

scenes from Casablanca make me blubbery and Pretty in Pink (its my wifes fave movie) when lime omigawd molly ringwald and whats his name on the dance floor at the end of the movie o yuh big cheesy grin i had to hide when forced to watch the movie o yuh
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
13 posted 2002-06-21 08:38 AM

I just saw the movie 'The Bourne Identity' and there is a scene there where Matt Damon washes hair dye out of Franka Potente's hair. She's leaning over a bathtub and he's rubbing her hair as the water washes over it....very romantic.

I also love the 'news conference' scene in "Notting Hill" when Julia Roberts changes her mind about leaving England so she can stay with Hugh Grant.

And the scene on the Empire State Building when Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks 'find' each other...that's electric.

And the scene in "Murphy's Romance" where James Garner says "I'm in love for the last time in my life" and Sally Fields says "and I'm in love for the first time in my life"...

Opeth
since 2001-12-13
Posts 1543
The Ravines
14 posted 2002-06-21 09:44 AM

What comes to my mind is the movie As Good As It Gets, when Jack Nicholson, struggling because of his mental illness, tells Helen Hunt, "You make me want to be a better man."

There are even more very good romantic moments in that movie, but that one came to mind first.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
15 posted 2002-06-21 01:41 PM

Somewhere In Time, probably my pick as one of the most, and certainly my favorite romantic movies, has three memorable scenes…Richard [Christopher Reeve], a playwright, travels back in time to find Elise McKenna, [actress, played by Jane Seymour].  First Memorable Scene is when she sees him and asks, “Is it you?”; the second scene being where she is on stage, doing a monologue, but it is her true mind speaking straight to him, as can be ascertained by the faces of the cast and crew when she veers from the play’s actual lines; and the third is when he returns to the present, sits before the photo of her, then walks to it, and touches her portrait…

Not to mention the music….

Yep.  Put it on top of the list...

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (06-21-2002 03:27 PM).]

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

16 posted 2002-06-22 06:58 PM

Sunshine I totally agree. "Somewhere In time"... beautifully romatic, it just reaches out and touches you  

Oh and the theme music, ohhh sighhhhh. Listening to it right now

[This message has been edited by Dark Angel (06-22-2002 07:00 PM).]

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
17 posted 2002-06-23 02:05 AM

Hey DQ, that's from Notting Hill. Julia to Hugh. Good moment.

~Titus

Every second that passes you are one second older. You'll never get that second back.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
18 posted 2002-06-23 10:21 AM

Oh, definitely the scenes Sunshine said, from Somewhere in Time.
Have to add the end scene in Officer and a Gentleman, when Richard Gere goes into the factory and sweeps Debra Winger off her feet.
And adding, from an OLD tv movie The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan-every single scene between David and Jenny. Any romance lovers have to find this tape and see it. Its old, low budget, but those 2 characters are awesome.(Lindsey Wagner and Marc Singer)

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
19 posted 2002-06-25 12:19 PM

Did anyone mention that the scenery in "last of the mohicans' was mostly right here in my neighborhood?--
http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

also--that was really me - not daniel day lewis who told her that--heh

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
20 posted 2002-06-25 01:24 AM

I have always been partial to "When Harry Met Sally"...I love the ending where he FINALLY gets the nerve to tell her how he feels and she sees him and she's upset and mad and he's telling her how much he loves her etc etc...and she's just like " This is just like you Harry, you say these things and it makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to hate you...and I hate you Harry, I hate you." where of course they kiss and hug and bla bla bla all after....Anyway, it's sweet. ( Gee, ya think I've seen that movie alot? haha)

Share Jesa, Stroke Jesa, Pet Jesa, Love Jesa.

kayjay
Member Elite
since 2002-06-24
Posts 2015
Oregon
21 posted 2002-06-25 11:49 AM

I go for "Harry and Sally" also, but would opt for 'When you've found the person to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible'...not quite the phrasing..but close

Through rubble and trouble and dark of night
The yawn of a dawn will hasten the light

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
22 posted 2002-06-25 01:51 PM

Definitely "Pretty Woman"..the ending scene where richard gere climbs up the fire escape playing out julia's childhood fanstasy even though he is deathly afraid of heights!!!
and brought her roses...awwwwwww

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Most Romantic Scene in a movie

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary