navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Awkwardness
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Awkwardness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada

0 posted 2002-12-21 03:30 PM

I often have difficulty writing a christmas card because after I write the words they always seem to be too enthusiastic or too dull for how my real sentiment is.  Does anyone else have this awkwardness? It seems like words always move to immoderations, too much this way or too much that way--I can't keep them right in the control point, but they act mauger my will. I just want to say truly merry christmas in a way that is pleasant and decent, but I can't even do that without having to scramble and edit the words a million times for them to sound as accurate as I can get them.   Why should anyone have to deal with this, when life is short?  We should all be able to say exactly what we want to say.  It really makes me sick of words when they are like that.
© Copyright 2002 Essorant - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-12-21 03:34 PM

From my Heart,
a Merry Christmas!
to you and yours.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2002-12-21 06:58 PM

I don't try to "come up" with something I just say hey, love ya, Merry Christmas, be safe, have fun...that sort of thing....keep it very real. Why should I get all wierd in a Christmas card, ya know? Just be you and say how you feel
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2002-12-22 11:07 AM

i just don't send christmas cards. heh.
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
4 posted 2002-12-22 05:13 PM

I agree with you.  Anything is either fake or not worth saying in a card.

I don't really like Christmas cards because they're never sincere.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

5 posted 2002-12-22 05:57 PM

That's not true  - my christmas cards are very sincere.

An example - the one I gave to my best friends: I talked about how it had been a year of change for all of us, some good - some bad, some difficult. How the most important thing to happen to them is that they bought their first house as a married couple and how awesome that is. About how their marriage is an amazing example of a relationship that works and how important that is to me and how I don't take it for granted. And how much I love them.

Very sincere...that's all you have to do and I think with not-so-close people you just have to simply wish them well...

I throw in sparkles too - little sparkly stars, which add a nice touch (not too many or they make a mess heh)..

K

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Awkwardness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary