navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I like back here in the lounge better than that "quiet" place
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I like back here in the lounge better than that "quiet" place Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA

0 posted 2002-12-15 02:12 PM

I just went to another one of the discussion forums, just to look around and it sure is quiet there. I like it better where there's more  NOISE.....
I'm like that most of the time. If nobody else is around, I listen to music. The quiet is absolutely deafening sometimes........
Does anybody else feel that way? I was just wondering, I guess, or just wanting to talk!?!    

Later?

~Ethel~  

© Copyright 2002 Ethel GG Kent - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-12-15 04:30 PM

(smiles) Oh Ethel, are you alking about the "Sanctuary" or "Tech Talk"? Those places are very quiet, except every once in a while on Friday nights some poets go there and do a write-a-thon thing and write as many short poems as they can in a certain amount of time and post like mad! I've never done it but have commented to certain poems there!

It would be nice if Passions could promote those places more and they can also get more "noisier" LOL! Yay, let all of Passions be dominated by poets! Yay!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2002-12-15 05:34 PM

Aha, so now I know there is a quiet and solitude forum, where perhaps only one or two will know my top secret info? LOL, I like silence sometimes, rarely get any of it these days. Living in an apartment on the edge of Denver downtown instead of two acres in the Interior of AK means noise. Actually, even Alaska was often too noisey, as I lived too close to one of the main highways. Even on cold winter nights I could hear cars on the road, and emergency sirens whenever a vehicle went into a ditch.
Ah, peace and quiet. But I also like lots of music noise.

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
3 posted 2002-12-15 07:17 PM

I like being around quiet people. hahah best of both worlds. lol  I would like some quiet time, I live in a neighborhood that never shuts up.  
garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
4 posted 2002-12-15 08:37 PM

Noah,
I was talking about the Sanctuary. It looks like nobody ever goes back there. I bet that would be fun doing the short form thing. Where do you see that things like that are going on, Noah?
Kacy,
well, when I lived in the city (until I moved to the country), I heard noise all the time. My parents still live there, so I hear it when I visit them. But, it's really quiet here where I live now.

Miah,
every now and then I like quiet time, but not very often..HaHa!!  My late husband used to tell me that he knew if I got quiet, there was one of three things wrong with me....I was really sick, I had something really bearing on my mind, or I was real mad (pouting, I guess!?!)... HaHa??

Well, I'll talk to ya'll later!!!!  

~Ethel~  

[This message has been edited by garysgirl (12-15-2002 08:41 PM).]

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
5 posted 2002-12-15 08:53 PM

Sometimes I'm the same way, I need a little racket but I think that's an escape from thinking, more than anything, for me.
garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
6 posted 2002-12-15 10:07 PM

Raph, I really think that's part of mine, too. That and nerves. I worry about my brother a lot and my daughter, too..and
Gary when I'm not with him......

~Ethel~

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

7 posted 2002-12-16 08:35 PM

I like quiet. And noise. And I'll admit I haven't been here for a while, so you don't have to! LOL I allways enjoy your concern and how you miss me. Hopefully I will be able to come more often now. My ned for the party life took over me for a while, but I miss my poet friends.

Never be normal!

garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
8 posted 2002-12-16 08:41 PM

Hey Liz  
How ya doing? I haven't been here much the last few days......until  LATE  at night. I've been doing Christmas stuff with friends......  Guess you could call it partying, kinda.  
Anyway, did you have fun??   I hope so.
Well, I'll see ya later. I've got to go because it's about time for Gary to call and he calls me on this computer phone most of the time.

Byee...  
~Ethel~  

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

9 posted 2002-12-16 08:53 PM

Wow. I just went to the sanctuary. Isn't that supposed to be a lounge? People write poetry in there. Thats what "corner Pub" is for. Well yes, I just love it "back here."

Never be normal!

garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
10 posted 2002-12-19 03:39 AM

Yeah, me, too, Liz.....  
Salty
since 2002-11-23
Posts 669
Texas
11 posted 2002-12-19 10:46 PM

I believe you can have the best of both worlds right here Ethel.....Everyone's talking and you can't hear a word.

Of course you can probably hear your fingernails clicking the computer...you know like that song "I keep my fingernails long so they click when I play the piano."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I like back here in the lounge better than that "quiet" place

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary