navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I sold one of my "babies" (my SS MonteCarlo car)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic I sold one of my "babies" (my SS MonteCarlo car) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA

0 posted 2002-12-08 02:12 AM

I sold my SS Monte Carlo.....black with red pin-stripe, aerocoupe (rearview window). It was bought new in 1987, the year that they made a limited amount so that Dale Earnhardt could race it in Nascar.
Anyway, it's really bothering me now. It was one of my late husband's and my toys, until he passed away in 1997.
I was just wondering if any of you have had, or have a car, motorcycle, truck, or other means of transportation that you are really attached to? You know, kinda feel like it's a part of the family??
I'd like to know, because I wish now that I hadn't even sold it today.

~Ethel~

© Copyright 2002 Ethel GG Kent - All Rights Reserved
garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
1 posted 2002-12-08 03:25 PM

Well, nobody else must have gotten attached to a vehicle the way
I did........   I even got attached to my bicycles..
does that mean that I need counseling?? HeeHee!!

~Ethel~

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2002-12-08 03:36 PM

Wanna bet? Mine wasn't an aerocoupe. But...it was an '87 SS Monte with T-tops straight off the show room floor! Somebody stole 6 months after I moved here. Got in a high speed chase with cops and totaled. Those cars were awesome! It's no wonder it's bothering you. Hang in there though.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

garysgirl
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
3 posted 2002-12-08 10:32 PM

Larry, I hate that your "baby" got stolen. The guy that bought my car, said that he had just gotten another "87 Monte Carlo restored when somebody stole it not too long ago. He said the insurance didn't pay nearly as much as he had put into it. They only paid what the blue book price was. Anyway, he's going to restore this one back to the way it looked originally. My late husband would have liked that, because that was what he had intended to do and never had a chance to.

~Ethel~  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » I sold one of my "babies" (my SS MonteCarlo car)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary