navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Rude People/Hurt feelings
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rude People/Hurt feelings Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2002-09-01 12:44 PM

I just have to share this, someone went to my website and wrote a very mean insulting comment on how bad my poetry was. I tried to email him to ask him why he felt he had to be so nasty(just don't read it!)but the coward did not give his correct email.
I'm trying not to feel like this fools opinion matters, but it still hurts.
It was a bad day already, my daughters kitten was killed by some wild animal when she snuck outside.
Sigh.
Anyone have any cheerful comments for me? I could use them.
Sandra

© Copyright 2002 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-09-01 01:10 PM

Sandra, there are jerks everywhere and the fact that this jerk refused to use a correct email address just shows how BIG a jerk he is. Don't let him get you down! It will mean that he had an impact on you..don't give him any more thought than a gnat on the butt of a gnu!
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2002-09-01 01:36 PM

I've said it before but I'll type it again--there are people who feel so powerless in their "realtime" life that they will use the anonymity of the internet to "relieve themselves." It's nasty, and cowardly, and I pity them, actually.

I'm so sorry about the kitty--that's a tough situation for you and your daughter, but I can't help but notice it's a similar situation to what happened with your internet "wild animal"--

Hugs beauty queen--smile for me?

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
3 posted 2002-09-01 09:47 PM

Sandra,  your friends...those that are with
you, beside you and support you...it is
their words that matter most...Any rude,
crass, insensitive Son of a.... Well,  they
don't even deserve a moment of fret.

And if they knew you,  as you are,  surely
NO ONE would ever write something rude and
hurtful...NO ONE...

And I too am sorry about the kitten...Keep
your chins up,  I know there has to be
another one that will love you just as much.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
4 posted 2002-09-02 12:12 PM

Same old story, Sandra...those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize. The only power someone has over us is our reaction to their words or actions. Don't let it bother you.

There is a site that lists the ten worst poems on the internet each year. I've had three there so far! I think that (1) it's funny and (2) they are pathetic. I laugh at them....you should do the same

Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

5 posted 2002-09-02 12:59 PM

Yeah, sounds like a pretty rough day.  We still love ya, does that count?
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2002-09-02 01:26 AM

Sandra,
Can't please all the people all the time and only a fool tries. And opinions only matter when you respect the source. He only has power over you if you respond. To ignore him proves he never mattered to begin with. Besides it is impossible to respect a coward!

And if he left his real address he knew the PiPs posse would be on his heels. What a punk. Sorry for your bad day. Just don't forget who really loves you!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
7 posted 2002-09-02 02:16 AM

Ugh, some people are pure evil, Sandra. You'll probably find that underneath the comment was a large amount of jealousy. Take it as a compliment. This idiot cannot even reveal himself but can take a swipe at your writing. Be safe in the knowledge that you're better than him/her and always will be.

I'm sorry about the kitten.

[This message has been edited by paper doll (09-02-2002 02:16 AM).]

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2002-09-02 11:26 AM

Thanks, all of you. I knew my friends here would understand.
Sandra

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
9 posted 2002-09-03 12:11 PM

luv ya girlie....and I love your poetry....

Lauren~

The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket
I lean against the wind pretend I am weightless and in this moment I am happy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Rude People/Hurt feelings

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary