navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » those with writer's block do not despair...
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic those with writer's block do not despair... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland

0 posted 2002-08-21 01:29 PM

those with writer's block do not desire
try NEW "MUSE motivator." The new tangy drink that puts the POET back into POETry. Available in six new flavours.

ok all joking aside, writer's block is hell. It is bad enough when LIFE throws distractions like work, college, relatives etc. in our way when all we want to do is write, but what about when we have the free time but the inspiration does not come or it does come but only in the form of one line after hours of thought… it’s enough to make you scream and rip up all your classic poetry books.

Damn Plath, Dylan Thomas,  Yeats.. they make it all look so easy.
Anyway getting to the point, it was while leafing through the introduction of Dylan Thomas’ poetry book found an small slice of comfort that half way through his career “Increasingly for Thomas  a line, or a single word or sound within a line took months.”  
The same piece also refers to a Yeats’ poet

“ A line will take us hours maybe”

So for those who like me are taking aeons before anything flows from the pen take heart,

A line may take us hours maybe but when it comes it is the best feeling.

The sum of the angles of that rectangle is too monstrous to contemplate!

© Copyright 2002 brian madden - All Rights Reserved
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

1 posted 2002-08-21 01:43 PM

Just listen ...
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2002-08-21 01:57 PM

So...that's where you've been hiding!  Behind a writer's block!  Well, Unfair, I say!  Unfair that you could at least come back to visit us even though you THINK you have writer's block, at the very least, you could repost a ditty or two for us to see again...AND we have so many NEW members that it is highly unfair to make them search through the archives when you could Oh So Easily repost one, puhleeze?

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2002-08-21 03:11 PM

I'm chipping away at my block and it's not getting any smaller!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » those with writer's block do not despair...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary