navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » mood-altering clothes
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic mood-altering clothes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2002-08-18 12:13 PM

and no...I don't mean just stuff that is comfortable... I refer to articles of clothing that bring one comfort, or just change your mood. For example, I wear my Dad's haband to bed. It gives me some sense of peace, and? I won't say it helps me sleep..but I do get rested, somehow.

Then? For going out? I have this black lace camisole top, bias cut, with fringe (squealing just for typing the word fringe-- ) with a matching french cut bra. I love that shirt--it makes me feel supersexy!

There are more things that I deem "my favorites" all for different occasions. But? I am more interested in YOUR closet.

So...Do tell?

© Copyright 2002 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2002-08-18 12:37 PM

theres not a piece of clothing made that could make me feel sexy...but I can so see fringe doing that for someone

I'm not a clothes person per say..no sense of fashion at all...Im a blue jeans kind of gal...very casual...I look and feel silly in dress clothes...Im more into the way the clothes feel...soft cottons, flannels..satins, silks etc...
I have 2 silk-screened tshirts that Mark gave me...one with horses and the other with butterflies that I sleep in..100% cotton just feels so nice in the summmer...
I love jersey nightshirts...and in the winter...it feels so "warm and cozy" to come home and get into a soft pair of sweat pants..thick cotton socks...or a flannel night shirt...
same with sheets...crisp cotton in summer..
soft flannel in winter...Fabric softener is a must

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2002-08-18 01:13 AM

JM,
I got cornered into wearing sweat pants for the first time last Monday. My dads to be exact. Tell me again why that is a good thing.

serenity blaze,
Question. Doesn't no clothes also alter the mood?

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
3 posted 2002-08-18 02:31 AM

lol@larry

Mood altering clothes...hmmm...well I feel most calm whenever I'm wearing my baggiest of baggy jeans. You have no idea how much you can hide in those things.

I hate feeling sexy so I deliberately don't dress like it. Who really wants to be bait?

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-08-18 02:57 AM

JM? It always amazes me what people don't see in the mirror...smiling, you sexy thang, you!

and Larry, we can talk about the "no clothes" option--later! and? It's sort of like wrapping a present...grinning too.

paper doll--BAIT? um, I wouldn't wanna suggest that maybe you've been fishing in the wrong hole, or anything...BUT...

(I TRIED TO RESTRAIN MYSELF PEOPLE--which reminds me...where is my leather suit?)

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

5 posted 2002-08-18 03:14 AM

I have a vinyl trenchcoat -- unfortunately, I can never wear it because it's toooooo hot.

I have what you call bondage bracelets, which is simply leather bracelets with d-rings comin' off of them.

Hmm ... and to go with that, you need either the Alchemy Gothic shirt which shows a skeleton impaling a vampiric woman with a stake (what inspired By 13 in Dark 3 somewhere) or something simple, like my "I found the cure for hope" t-shirt.

Oh wait, mood altering. Hmm, I *always* feel that way.

Don't I?

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
6 posted 2002-08-18 03:29 AM

I have this sweater... it's like... 2 years old, I think? I paid a ridiculous amount of money for it... 60 bucks... at the mall, of course... but it's the most comfortable thing I own. I'm always cold... so I always wear it, even mid-summer... in fact, I'm wearing it right now. It smells dingy, because I refuse to wash it. In fact, when my mom washed it over a year ago, I cried... because it had smelled like this guy I liked... and also like me, and my dogs... which is such a comfort smell... and I hated the smell of laundry being on it... my boyfriend calls it the 'ugliest thing on earth...' because it's in a quilted pattern, just rectangles of color all over it... god I love it...

And, as far as feeling sexy goes... since i've lost a bit of weight... I've discovered the thrill of going out for smaller sizes... I got this pair of jeans that fits so perfectly... god, I love how I look in them...

I am writing graffiti on your body
I am drawing the story of how hard we tried

-Ani DiFranco

[This message has been edited by hush (08-18-2002 03:31 AM).]

Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now
7 posted 2002-08-18 10:50 AM

I LOVE CLOTHING!!!!

Oh, and I must right now say that the vinyl trench coat, the bondage bracelets, AND the Alchemy Gothic shirt of Mike's are all somehow my fault. I rock, huh?

Clothes that change my mood...

Gimme plaid bottom (red an' grey pants, safety pinned BRIGHT red knee-length skirt, black and dark-red diagonal full-length), and I will feel way overconfident and be a grand high bitch goddess. Believe me, it can be done, even with this sense of self loathing I seem to keep finding.

Gimme big sleeves, and I feel majestic and sexy. My biggest sleeves drag on the floor.  And tie up right under my bust, so guess what they're enhancing?

Gimme frayed black denim, well-worn too-baggy band shirts and my leather jacket, and I feel dangerous, and start posturing. Mike has so witnessed this. Of course, it wasn't frayed black denim then, but it was still jeans! With patches declaring both "slut" and "bad kitty" on 'em. I'm so terrible, I know. I love it!

But I always always always always hafta have a jacket or vest. Get me with just a shirt, and I'm all cowering into myself and being terrified of the world. Talk about physical representations of mental shields, huh?

And all this from a girl who thought anyone who liked fashion should be shot. That was a little more than 5 years ago now. And not only is my wardrobe too big, it seems to have seeped into the closets of all my friends as well!

From vinyl trench coat to hardware store hoody.

Maybe I need a life?

impress me, or be discarded

mpc

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2002-08-18 10:57 AM

Lori-girl...you are SO much fun!!! And clothing IS fun--to me it's just another means of expressing myself--my sister once said that I don't so much as get dressed--as I do "costume"--and I have to agree--and why not? Life is a "ball"! (If y'let it...)
Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now
9 posted 2002-08-18 12:26 PM

I have used the fond term "Everyday is Halloween" about everyday for the past three or so years.  

And I had an English teacher back in grade 11 (well, she had been my grade 10 teacher, but she said it to me the year after   ) who said I reminded her of runway models, what with the crazy clothes no real human being would think to wear, and the attitude to pull it off.

Yay!

I will just say that I suffer from "ooh, shiny!" syndrome.   Something catches my eye, I hafta have it/do it, or I schiz out. My brother calls this "ooh, shiny" syndrome OCD, but I'm not that bad. Yet, anyway.

Ah, clothes...

Okay, I think I should actually go to sleep now. It's rumoured to be good for me.

impress me, or be discarded

mpc

[This message has been edited by Anvrill (08-18-2002 12:27 PM).]

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
10 posted 2002-08-18 01:40 PM

My fave outfit is my black skirt, and white mens dress shirt tied at the stomach. I put on my hooker -er, knee length boots, my jewelry, and put my hair up, and I am one sexy momma (LMAO). When I wear that, the world is mine, and I can do nothing wrong, you know?
When I put my rugby jersy on I get really pumped to do something athletic (I don't think I'll tell my coach that), and when I put on my bathrobe I get really mellow and relaxed.

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
11 posted 2002-08-18 01:40 PM

I'm just far enough along in my third pregnancy to hate everything in my closet.  Seriously - when I started stopping fitting in all the gool 'ol standby's, I packed them up in ... ta-da ... 2 large totes and 3 large trash bags - and made dearie haul them to the storage unit so that I wouldn't even have to LOOK at them.  lol  It was depressing!  So, right now - it's anything BIG.  
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
12 posted 2002-08-19 07:02 PM

Ok,I am going to share this, shh don't tell anyone, when I was 16, I had a "lucky" dress, it was very short, red and blue polka dots, puffy sleeves.(It was 1969 LOL)
I really liked this elusive guy, whenever I wore that dress we seemed to get together. Hence the lucky dress title.
I just see a picture of that dress and I feel in the mood..
For now, though, when I wear anything a little medievel styled, gothic type, etc, it makes me feel like a princess almost. I just love that style. I usually only get to wear them for dress up with the kids, but if I lived in a NORMAL city, I could go out in them.

Sandra

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
13 posted 2002-08-19 07:12 PM

quote:
Who really wants to be bait?
Do I get slapped if I raise my hand, jump up and down, and yell, "me-me-me-me?"

A bit more serious - I have this black short-sleeved shirt I bought a little while back. It fits... well, barely; it's tight. (Translation: Phillip and Brad would be running away screaming that it was worse than the tank top). Whenever I wear it outside the house, I all but inevitably receive stares, and often girls walk up to me out of the blue (like at the post office a couple weeks ago) and just start talking it up. It's a fun shirt.

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
14 posted 2002-08-20 12:05 PM

I love my low-cut shirts! lol Anything low-cut oh yeah thats ME! I have this nick name um Boobs, or Big boobs Migee lol LONG story. Um anyways .. I have this American Eagle shirt I love! Its comfy and This Big sweat shirt .. That I took from my cousin .. It's like an Independent one from Pacific sunwear! I don't think he even knows I took it ... But it's like so comfortable! I wear it all the time cuz it's always cold in my house .. And I have this Aeropostal shirt that I wear with my Kakhi's .. Gosh It's the cutiest outfit and it's comfy!
Ok I have a ton of clothes that I luv to wear b/c there comfy but i'll stop there

Peace Lexi

*Love might not make the world go round but it's what makes the ride worth while*

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
15 posted 2002-08-20 02:47 AM

quote:
paper doll--BAIT? um, I wouldn't wanna suggest that maybe you've been fishing in the wrong hole, or anything...BUT...

You're evil...lmao

My purple suede coat. This thing is amazing. No matter what kind of crappy mood I'm in, this thing will make it all disappear. Odd considering it's only clothing but if it works, it works.

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
16 posted 2002-08-20 11:15 AM

i find disrobing to be the most
mood altering and i recommend
doing so with a lover
for the full effect

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
17 posted 2002-08-20 12:56 PM

Disrobing.. yes.. definately mood altering. Reminds of this time when I was wearing my red silk robe and some people came over.. we painted my body and took pictures. THAT was mood altering. lol

My mom can tell you that since I was 2 I always had my own style. I did things my way all the time. Nothing has changed..

I'm that girl who will wear anything and can pull it off because I've got the attitude and confidence to match. People stopped trying to predict what's coming next a long time ago.  

Anything I wear can be mood altering for me really because any clothing item I've ever purchased or made was inspired by a mood.

"you don't need one of these to let me inside of you" T.A.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (08-20-2002 01:03 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » mood-altering clothes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary