navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » where is my mind
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic where is my mind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ryan
since 1999-06-10
Posts 297
Kansas

0 posted 2002-08-14 02:34 AM

just saw high fidelity, which made me think of the pixies for some reason, which made me wish that i had known stuff existed other than spin doctors and real mccoy in the early 90's.  but what can i say, i was 12.

where is my mind?

ryan

© Copyright 2002 Ryan Williams - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2002-08-14 03:49 AM

It's over there. See it in that corner? It's jumping around and yelling "Party on!"

(ok, so I get a little bit weird late at night.... )

God bless America, my home sweet home.

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-08-14 12:29 PM

Here's a '90s flashback for you

"And I say what's goin' on? And I say hey yeah yeah yeah. Hey yeah yeah. And I say. What's goin' on."

Sorry.

I am un chien andalusia.

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
3 posted 2002-08-14 04:18 PM

I think I saw it hitchhiking on the I-60 over here in Phoenix. Looked a bit grungy, a bit thin.... did it runaway?

Sincerely,
Titus

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
4 posted 2002-08-15 04:11 AM

Well... this post ahving the same name as one of my favorite Pixies songs caught my eye- really, High Fidelity made you think of the Pixies? It's been a while since I've seen it...

Anyway, yeah, I know that where the hell was I in the 90's feeling (I was twelve, too). My musical choices usually ran along the lines of things like TLC, Salt-n-Peppa (c'mon, name any gradeschool girl form that period who didn't like them!), Ace of Base, and so forth, with the occasional exception for quality in the form of Alanis Morisette, the Counting Crows, and Jewel... but I shudder to think of all the good bands I missed out on and will nhever fully catch up on...

I am writing graffiti on your body
I am drawing the story of how hard we tried

-Ani DiFranco

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » where is my mind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary