navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » self-worth
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic self-worth Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore

0 posted 2001-04-19 07:33 AM

just a little note
to say that
i am weary of
judging myself
by the grades i obtain

"the process is more important than the end result"

yet such a lofty ideal

© Copyright 2001 heng kaile - All Rights Reserved
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
1 posted 2001-04-19 07:36 AM

Lofty and crucial..if you are learning, isn't that the goal? The grades then are just icing on the cake! Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Wikket
since 2000-01-29
Posts 340
Santa Clara, CA USA
2 posted 2001-04-19 09:38 AM

Roger on that one, faterider!  I dislike the idea of having to grade someone on his/her understanding of the subject.  Isn't the whole point to understand and be able to utilize the logic?!     Aye the perils of education! hehehe  Great work here!  

~~Jamie         

"There are no unlockable doors
There are no one winning the wars
There are no unrightable wrongs or unsinkable songs..."  --Ozzy

Joyce Johnson
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2001-04-19 10:58 AM

Grades are there for a purpose and painful as it seems to be judged, that is the way of it. You might be able to state that you have a grasp on the subject, but your teacher must be able to see that you do. You are a whole person.  Your grades are but a measurement of a small part of you.  Joyce

[This message has been edited by Joyce Johnson (edited 04-19-2001).]

Panne447
since 2001-04-03
Posts 196
S.A. TX
4 posted 2001-04-19 04:19 PM

Kai, - 'the process is more important than the final result'  The grades are for the teachers - and unless you are going into a life and death career - it has been my misfortune to learn that no employer gives a dang about your grades - and most don't even look them up - this judging by my work experience and that of my ex's and friends and the stories they told - and some were in personel and knew the ropes.  Panne

Mon Cherie
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
5 posted 2001-12-05 11:22 AM

Yes this is painful... Wonder if there's really no other way they can judge us by...  

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
6 posted 2002-12-06 05:45 PM

Right, that's it. I'm going to go through the whole list of yours here, seems I have a great deal to catch up with.
This one isn't written as well as some of your others I think, but the idea is VERY familiar, and definitely something worh writing about. I often depress myself because I overrate the importance of my grades..

It's nice to share - kiss someone when you have a cold.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » self-worth

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary