navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » dogs of war
The Corner Pub
Post A Reply Post New Topic dogs of war Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wordancer
since 2000-07-30
Posts 809
VA

0 posted 2001-01-29 05:41 PM

...the dogs of war are never silent, they only sleep an uneasy rest...to run and chase us in our dreams, until the next time for them to bay at the moon…

dogs of war

how they howl
endlessly never quiet
to run rampage
even as we sleep
in knowledge
that somewhere
the dogs of war
bay at a red moon

in a frenzy we run
no place to hide
in a world so divided
the dogs are running. . .
tonight

"Come...dance with me, into my world of words."

© Copyright 2001 Beverly A. Tift - All Rights Reserved
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
1 posted 2001-01-29 05:44 PM

A very nice piece,  kinda spooky tho

When freedom wisphers your name, it's time to fight for it.

wordancer
since 2000-07-30
Posts 809
VA
2 posted 2001-01-29 05:51 PM

Isn't it!  Now I'm beginning to scare myself...lol

"Come...dance with me, into my world of words."

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
3 posted 2001-01-29 05:56 PM

the dogs of war will never be silent as long as man wallows in his discontent...dark but, true, wordancer..

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

kcsgrandma
since 2000-09-24
Posts 1522
Presque Isle, ME
4 posted 2001-01-30 12:04 PM

Wordancer, I haven't been responding to these dark poems of yours, but it is not because I am not reading and appreciating.  They just touch me in a place I'm not sure I want to go, and that means they're good.  You are writing some powerful stuff.

To love another person is to see the face of God.
- Les Miserables

Marilyn

wordancer
since 2000-07-30
Posts 809
VA
5 posted 2001-01-30 08:27 AM

ah marilyn, I deeply appreciate that you told me that.  I have been posting on poetry boards long enough to realize that some of my work won’t be responded to because it does make people uneasy.  But it fulfills a need to just post them, because, first and for most I write for myself.  I’m not quite sure what actually started this deep train of thought, but I’m riding it while my ticket is good.  I guess being a Desert Storm vet and that it’s the 10-year anniversary might have something to do with it. Actually I have only done three “war” poems before this, and I have to admit the they were more gently “worded” than the last two I just posted.

Now someone suggested that I should have posted “surprise?” in the Dark Forum for a better response, but I find the Pub is my home and haven’t visited in the other forums after I decided the Pub was the place for me to be….there is only so much time.  And I noticed that all sorts of poems are posted in the Pub, that it is a melting pot of sorts.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply and thanks to everyone else for theirs.  Especially peg for his comment about the “dogs of war” in my sentinal poem, which generated this poem.

-wordancer

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-01-30 12:51 PM

Wonderful job on this one. It left me thinking here.........I liked it very much.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

laryalee
since 2000-06-19
Posts 352
Alberta, Canada
7 posted 2001-02-04 08:19 AM

You have worked a strong atmosphere into this one - said so much in such a brief space - captured the horror without having to detail it.....truly excellent!
Lary

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » The Corner Pub » dogs of war

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary