navwin » Main Forums » Holiday Cheer » February has more than Valentines Day
Holiday Cheer
Post A Reply Post New Topic February has more than Valentines Day Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
byski
since 2006-01-26
Posts 235
Alberta, Canada

0 posted 2011-02-28 12:23 PM

A friend of mine once said...

'Funny how Black History Month is the sortest and whitest month of the year'

He also went on to tell me a story of a recent night spent with a friend. They were going to watch the local sports team at home but found that there was a BLACK out in his neighbourhood. They wanted to go to their favourite bar but found out they were BLACK listed and were not allowed in. So away they went down the street in his car, hit some BLACK ice and slid into the car in front of them. My friend was driving without his ID and insurance at the time, so the other driver began to BLACK mail him into paying his repairs. Later finding out the other driver was also without insurance; he gave him a BLACK eye and drove away. It wasn't too long before the police caught up with him and pulled him over. So my friend, being the suave individual he is told a WHITE lie and got off scott free.

Go Figure.

Unorthodox maybe, but I grow on you.

© Copyright 2011 byski - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2011-02-28 08:11 PM

When black and white was just that, a comment, i.e., "when I see it in black and white" as in written down on paper...the world didn't need to think a second thought on it.

At least, Black history HAS a month. Where do I go to find a "white" history month? Or any other color, for that fact? Mother's day, Father's day, July 4, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Easter...those days are for everyone.

I left out St. Patty's day...for a reason. You have to have a green spirit, a green soul, a regard for life and laughter. I'm pretty sure not everyone inhabiting the world just now...has all that.

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2011-06-19 08:33 PM

We all meet our days  with wonder or with cynicism and bitterness.  It is up to us.  I choose wonder and appreciation and plan to enjoy every holiday while I can. Joyce
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Holiday Cheer » February has more than Valentines Day

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary