navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Unto You For Good, Part 3 Genesis 39:6-12
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unto You For Good, Part 3 Genesis 39:6-12 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri

0 posted 2000-03-26 07:47 PM

(I hope you are not tiring of these, I seem to be on a roll after a long dry period of not being able to write anything.)

Muscular and handsome
A man whom
Any woman's eyes
Might take notice
Potiphars wife's
Desires
Were voiced
Day after day
As Joseph went about
The duties of his master

Come hither
She called
With all her charms
She invited him
To betray his
Master's trust.

Seeing her efforts
Were all in vain
She caught him
By the cloak
Saying
"Come to bed with me."

© Copyright 2000 Marcia Estep - All Rights Reserved
deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
1 posted 2000-03-26 08:31 PM

SeptSong,
  You do not have to be apologetic. Sometimes it is like that, we all go through dry spells- but fortunately they do not last. Thank you for sharing with us your latest installment in the life of Joseph--It reads so much like a soap opera--but it is true--Keep them coming your doing fine!
   David

"Our Creativity points to a Higher Creator--we couldn't have just happened, and for what ability we may possess--to God be the glory." -dlw-

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
2 posted 2000-03-26 08:48 PM

Like David says, we all go through dry spells.  I'm glad you could be inspired to write these! No apology necessary!
Stephen Jones
since 2000-02-26
Posts 53

3 posted 2000-03-26 10:54 PM

Beautiful once again!  Isn't it wonderful when the flow of writing returns after a dry spell?  
Personally I think that after the dry spells we write a notch better than before.  There is a maturing through those periods.  At least that's been my experience.  Although there have been one or two painfully long dry periods where I wondered if I would write again (or at least write good again!) Thanks for sharing.

ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
4 posted 2000-03-27 02:54 PM

Dear Septsong; do not opologize. I am so excited that you are writing again and this is wonderful to read. Totally inspired! Love, Ellie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Unto You For Good, Part 3 Genesis 39:6-12

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary