navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgiveness
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Forgiveness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN

0 posted 2002-08-30 11:06 AM

Forgiveness

The Prophetess asked: And what of forgiveness?

And he answered:

Ah, forgiveness is the path to freedom: to the breaking of bitter bondage
Forgotten virtue full of love’s mercy and grace shattering the yoke of despair.
A spiritual release that can tread upon every evil and dispel the darkness of the soul in angst
For what does is profit a man who harbors ill will towards his brother in his heart?
Can he speak blessings from his soul that do not become vexing curses?
Yet, thee believe that thou hast the right to take thine own revenge and judge another
Are thee so sinless and pure? Is thy life a clean plate never used?
Verily I tell thee a truth, that unless thee forgive thy brother, thy maker cannot forgive thee.
For the judgment that thou bestowest upon him in unrighteous indignation shall
visit thee in another day and humble thee greatly before the congregation of the earth
How can thee speak of Love, Mercy, or Grace yet not possess them?
Does not even Wisdom herself proclaim the oracles of faith?
In order to be forgiven thee must first learn to forgive! She shouts, but thou hearest not.
Love never takes a grudge to her breast. Nay!
Love says, “For my own sake do I concede my right”, and
Mercy echoes, “Yea, tis true, for now I may reign and shine”.
Then shall Grace flow over thee, as refreshing as the mountain streams of spring,
Cleansing waters that heal the brokenness, restore the bones.
If thou shall be truly free in the love, mercy and grace of the almighty,
Learn thee how to forgive.

Note: Inspired by the Holy Scriptures and "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran.

[This message has been edited by Dulcinea (08-30-2002 11:18 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Dulcinea - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-08-30 11:24 PM

"Love never takes a grudge to her breast. Nay!
Love says, “For my own sake do I concede my right”, and
Mercy echoes, “Yea, tis true, for now I may reign and shine”.
Then shall Grace flow over thee, as refreshing as the mountain streams of spring,
Cleansing waters that heal the brokenness, restore the bones.
If thou shall be truly free in the love, mercy and grace of the almighty,
Learn thee how to forgive."

(big hugggsssssss) OH MY GOSH, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE IT, GOD BLESS YOU!!! You speak of a wisdom so pure and mighty, I just have to read this authors words that inspired you as your inspiration truly has led to a true classic and message of faith, YAY, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Dulcinea, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

DocAngel
since 2002-08-31
Posts 3
FL
2 posted 2002-08-31 04:44 AM

Wow Sis,that was GREAT ! I had forgotten how well YOU write..

Much Wisdom & God's words flowed..

Yes,it reminds me that if WE do NOT forgive, then how can We be forgiven. For this week, I lived in these scriptures. When hurt deeply by a friend that wronged me, I had to Pray & give it to the Lord. I had to forgive more for "MYSELF" & my closeness to the Lord!..

This person still feels they were in the right & refuses to repent, & ask for forgiveness,but for me, I had to Forgive...WE as Christians, MUST forgive, even if We are not asked or the one doing us wrong does not ask for forgiveness.

When WE forgive, then WE have "Freed" ourselves,& the devil CANNOT drop bitterness into our hearts. And sometimes forgiving is NOT easy, when the pain runs deep..But "IN Jesus Name", we All can do it!

So may we all learn & practice "forgiveness" to all those that wrongfully hurt us! God will have His wraft,& We will be Free in our spirit to keep receiving & being blessed from God!

I am reminded of these few scriptures.

Mark 11:25-26 (KJV)

11:25
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

11:26
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

And:
James 5:16
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

It is so important for our own sake & peace of mind,& continued blessings that we forgive.. God doesn't intend for us to keep placing our self in the midst of being hurt, but we must forgive & go on in Him,in spite of them!
Thanks Hun, for the link..
Love you, Dulci..Doc..(\0/)..†

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2002-08-31 04:28 PM

As those who came before have said so well,  "This is inspiring poetry."  Joyce
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA
4 posted 2002-09-01 09:01 AM

I heard this quote recently  " Great marriages are made up of two forgivers"...I love the way you have created such inspiration and truth! ...for forgiveness and love, go hand in hand...Ellie

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
5 posted 2002-09-01 04:56 PM

Noah, I am blessed indeed that you found this inspiring. I like the writing style of Kahlil Gibran. Between his style and the words of faith, this popped out. You might be able to find his works in the public library or at a used book store. I found mine at a garage sale. *giggle* Thank you sweet friend for enjoying what the Lord inspires from my pen. God Bless you!

Doc! Hi Sis, it is so good to see you here! I am honored that you would take the time to reply and give me all those wonderful pieces of scripture to hold on to! I too struggle with forgiveness daily as I much as I struggle with hurt. But thank God he has given us the ability to listen to his Spirit and follow true wisdom eh? I may still hurt, but at least I have peace and my heart isn’t heavy except with grief. Thank you sis for supporting me and this very uplifting reply! God Bless you!!!

Love you bunches! ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Joyce, Thank you so much! I hope it inspires all who read it to also grasp it and employ it to the Glory of God the Father and the Son. Again, thank you for blessing me today! God Bless you indeed!

Ellie, Hello! That is so true! Marriage consists of continual forgiveness and renewal. Learning to live together is the hardest thing two people can accomplish. In my own experience, I have found that asking for forgiveness rather than holding a grudge brings reconciliation, peace and joy beyond measure, even if we feel we are the one wronged! God is so gracious! It is true, the peacemakers will be called the sons of God, and they are the ones mightily blessed! Love and forgiveness do indeed go hand in hand, and sacrificial love with obedience keeps them together. Thank you for your inspirational blessing! God Bless you!

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
6 posted 2002-09-01 06:28 PM

Dulcinea:  A wonderful write and so full of wisdom. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Betty Lou Hebert

NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise
7 posted 2002-09-01 09:12 PM

Dulcinea ~~ WOW! This is a really impressive write. Much for me to contemplate. I love poems and/or stories that inspire thought.

I especially loved the line:
'...How can thee speak of Love, Mercy, or Grace yet not possess them?...'

Hugs, Marti

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
8 posted 2002-09-01 11:20 PM

Betty, Thank you so much! I am surely blessed by your visit as I admire your work very much.

Martie! Yes, it was a giant undertaking, but one of those poems that seems to burn you up inside until you finally let it out ya know? Thank you so much for the so kind comments! Bless you!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgiveness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary