navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » God's Explanation (about Ginger & Papa)
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic God's Explanation (about Ginger & Papa) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2002-08-20 11:48 AM

God’s Explanation
By Larry Chadwick
A truth I’ve known for some time now.

I reminded God that things were looking really bad,
First my daughter died and then, right away, my dad.
That I was suffering from entirely too much grief,
Isn’t there a way that He can provide me some relief?

He reminded me He desired only good,
And as to my grief He fully understood.
Further, don’t you forget sin isn’t fair,
But I got even because Grace isn’t fair.

But God had one more point to make,
About His point there could be no mistake.
I truly understand your personal loss,
Have you forgotten about my Son upon the cross?

I am comforted by a God that can understand,
And I am encouraged that He always had a plan.
By His plan of salvation we can live for eternity,
Which means my girl and my dad again I’ll see.

August 20, 2002 (Rest in peace. I’ll be there to see you again!)

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

[This message has been edited by Larry C (08-20-2002 11:52 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-08-20 01:35 PM

(big hugggsssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, yes, you will see them again as their love will always guide you and with His plan love will always find a way as the love you share with your whole family is true and can never be taken away! (sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as with the rest of your family, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Larry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2002-08-20 02:11 PM

Dear Larry,  I understand this poem perfectly.  Sometimes our only solace in our grief is to blame God.  But he is understnding because he brough grief upon himself for that very purpose. We know this of course but we are allowed, I think, to become over powered with our loneliness for our loved ones at times in our progression towards understanding.  I have lost a wonderful son and a small granddaughter.  These are the tough ones. Joyce
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2002-08-20 03:50 PM

Larry, seems you have been through so much lately.
But, it is comforting to know God's promise
that we will all be together again one day.
You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
~Hugs, Nancy Lee~

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
4 posted 2002-08-21 12:27 PM

Noah,
Thank you for your love and support. Always.

Joyce,
I have no anger nor am I blaming God. The truths in this poem became a part of my experience years ago. Now I have the opportunity to apply them to my life's experience. I take great solace in that. I am so sorry for the losses you have experienced. I understand the loss of a child but not that of a grandchild. And thank you so much for your support.

Nancy Lee,
Right you are. Can't imagine living with out that truth. I still have many blessings in my life. Not the least are the memories of my daughter and my dad. Thank you so much.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2002-08-25 01:20 AM

Okay this just made me cry... It's beautifully written, and so incredibly true.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2002-08-25 01:27 AM

Skyfire,
And your tears are now mingled with many of mine. You sweet thing...thanks.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2002-08-25 09:37 AM

Larry~
I'm so understanding this one~

But you know what really caught my attention ?

'If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.'

My stars ... that is so lovely~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
           noles1@totcon.com                       

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
8 posted 2002-08-25 11:53 PM

Larry:  Such a touching poem.  Knowing we will see our loved ones again brings some comfort, but it's still a hard thing to get through.

Betty Lou Hebert

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2002-08-26 01:40 AM

I am thanking God he gave you the experience you got Larry to deal with this as well as the strong understanding that we are witnesses to his example and will see our loved ones again.  I know you will do well as you have such a strong faith and your memories are so full of love and devotion.  

The most valuable thing you own is a smile, wear it, and share it.
Sharon    

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
10 posted 2002-08-27 01:25 AM

Marge,
Life does get complicated. That saying came from a small poured stone I found at the florist when buying for Ginger's funeral. I had to have it for the funeral. And I brought it home. It provides amazing comfort to me now. Thanks always.

Betty,
Because I have such wonderful memories and such incredible support along with a strong faith...it is enough. Thank you so much.

Sharon,
All those things have made a huge difference. But when I think of the love and support of family and friends like you...it gives me somthing to hang all that on. I love you for all you give and are.

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
11 posted 2002-08-27 06:36 PM

What a wonderful way of seeing this!!  You are right, you will see Papa and Grace again, you will embrace them and live an eternal life with them...and you know why...because you BELIEVE...you have faith!! don't ever loose that.

miriam coronado

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
12 posted 2002-08-28 12:36 PM

miriam,
Ginger and Papa are only a bonus to eternity. My faith is indeed strong and in Jesus. You aren't by chance a Nursing Major?

Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
13 posted 2002-08-28 05:34 AM

Hi Larry!

You said this so well!  Bottom line--God is Love and Love is eternal.

God bless you!

Shenachie

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
14 posted 2002-08-28 06:58 AM

How proud I am of you for your strength and maturity to see that it is not only ourselves that suffer, but we suffer in His likeness of having lost a son...

this brings it ALL into proper perspective...

He never asks us to go through anything that He has not already gone through...

Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
15 posted 2002-08-29 01:23 AM

Larry... After reading this I am reminded that as hard as it is to cope with we give up our loved ones to God, as he gave up his loved one for us many years ago, so that one day we all will be together in a better place far from hurt and pain. May God comfort you in your loneliness and pain...Paul
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
16 posted 2002-08-29 01:58 AM

Shenachie,
Thank you dear friend. He does indeed bless me and you are a part of how that happens.

Karilea,
I can't imagine having gone through these experiences without your love and support. How precious are your words to my breaking heart.

Paul,
I can't begin to express how much God has comforted me during this painful time. And His promises are sure and give incredible hope. Thank you so much for you kind response.

Muys
since 2002-04-06
Posts 389
The Netherlands
17 posted 2002-09-04 11:47 AM

I am so glad Larry that you have Peace in your heart,That you can accept all the sadness He give You.  
We must go on dear Larry
My heart is near You.
Muys

Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
18 posted 2002-09-05 12:55 PM

Dear Larry, God will never give you more grief than you can handle in His grace.  Leaning on His strength is the only way through.

Sherry

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
19 posted 2002-09-06 12:07 PM

Muys,
Wisdom, I have learned, comes with much pain. But life is meant to be taken as it comes. That I am doing. God gives me that strength and He uses my friends to cover where I am frail. Thank you friend.

Sherry,
Painfully true. Thank you.

Lonely Always
since 2002-08-29
Posts 16
Anchorage, AK
20 posted 2002-09-06 01:29 AM

This is such a sad poem, but with a good
meaning. I haven't been here that long, and I hope that I will be able to share many great poems and sad stories with the members...
If you like sad stories read my prose...

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
21 posted 2002-09-06 01:33 AM

Lonely Always,
Welcome to passions. I look forward to your poetry and prose. I can't say sorrow is something that I seek. But it certainly found me this year as both my daughter and father recently died.

DocAngel
since 2002-08-31
Posts 3
FL
22 posted 2002-09-06 05:09 AM

Larry,
I just read your poem, & it touched my heart & spirit..I know that this isn't a recent post, but for something like this our pain at times continues, & I know that prayers are always needed & words of love & encouragement. I wanted you know I will uplift you in my prayers.

Thank God that yes, we all truly will be with our friends & loved ones that has gone on before us oneday. And above all we will be able to sit at our Father's feet & Thank Him, for all of the times He comforted Us in those times we needed Him, He was & is Always there!..

To have God's Peace is such a blessing in itself, one that the world of unbelievers cannot understand...But we can, & He see's us through many a trial & storm with His peace within us..

And your precious daughter & dad, thank God live on in your heart called "memories".

Thank you for sharing than Hun, for others to read & will continue to read..

God's Many Blessings. I just signed up a few days ago, my precious friend Dulcinea post's here & gave me the link... I came to post to her recent poem, & tonight I felt led to come & read a poem or two..I am glad I did.I hope to be able to come  back & read more as time permits.
Working Together for His cause..Keep on Keepin On..
Love & Prayers..Doc...†

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
23 posted 2002-09-06 03:48 PM

Larry:
No I am not majoring in nursing, I am a massage therapist.  why the question??

miriam coronado

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
24 posted 2002-09-07 12:29 PM

DocAngel,
How right you are about so many things. Thank you for such a heart felt and meaningful response. And welcome to passions! I hope you like it half as much as me. I look forward to seeing your work. All is well, just flawed.

Miriam,
Just curious. I have many relatives from there and have a connection to the nursing program at the Glendale Hospital. But thanks for replying to the question.

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
25 posted 2002-09-10 08:37 PM

I work at the Glendale Adventist Hospital...any connection??

miriam coronado

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
26 posted 2002-09-14 01:53 AM

Yup!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » God's Explanation (about Ginger & Papa)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary