navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » When Tears Flow
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic When Tears Flow Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

0 posted 2002-01-30 04:15 PM

When Tears Flow

My heart was heavy with hurt today
even as I tried to pray
My tears couldn’t stop their salty flow
To life’s river of despair and woe

I know you saw all those tears
I know you felt my darkest fears
How I needed to feel your touch
At times life’s burdens seem too much

You patiently waited and let me cry
You knew your love would gently dry
the tears that I’d so brokenly shed.
Then the softest whisper in my heart said,

“I know your hurt, your pain, your dread”
“I felt it at Calvary as I bled”
“So release you hurt and pain to me”
“I’ll gladly bear it so you’ll be free”

I felt my heartache gently lift
as Jesus graced me with his gift
Love so pure ~ like finest gold
and the Master’s hand to firmly hold.

Cheryl McClellan
1/30/02

© Copyright 2002 His Poet - All Rights Reserved
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

1 posted 2002-01-30 05:05 PM

Oh cheryl, how very inspirational this is, so very beautiful, I felt all His love in this poem, and all your tears, thank you for posting it, He always hears us doesn't He? floria

Floria

"Alas for those that never sing,
But die with all their music in them"
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-01-30 07:02 PM

(sigh) Sooooooooo beautfiul, sweet friend, His tears will always flow with salvation and love for us all and He will always heal us with his unconditional love! (big hugggsssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, we all love you so much, this is fabulous! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Cheryl, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
3 posted 2002-01-31 07:33 AM

Cheryl thank you for writing such a powerful poem. I needed to be reminded that God promised to always hold our hand no matter how difficult the storm.

Hugs,
Deb

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2002-01-31 12:13 PM

His Poet,

Thank you dear poet friend for your wonderful testimony today.  How beautiful that GOD watches over us as we cry and He aliows us to shed those precious tears of healing.  GOD bless you and thanks again.

-Bob

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
5 posted 2002-01-31 01:43 PM

Thank you Cheryl for your wonderful poetic gift, sharing of your sweet loving prayerful experience. It is wonderful how our cares and fears can just evaporte into the heavens, when God comes into our hearts.
-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

6 posted 2002-01-31 02:41 PM

Floria, Thank you so much for your kind words. This was heartfelt as this has been one of those weeks where I needed to cry and release the pain so I could accept His grace.
His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

7 posted 2002-01-31 02:46 PM

Noah, Thank you for reading and yes His love does heal. Some days are harder than others to realize His strength is glorious in our weakness. Boy, was I weak on Monday.

Deb, Glad you were inspired by these words. Thanks so much.

Bob, Your kind words help so much. Sometimes I have to make myself re-read my poem to confirm the truth of it in my heart. Do you ever feel that way? Like you can write all of the wonderful things but don't always make them a reality in your own life. That's when Satan plants doubt and I hate that.

Newell, So glad you read this poem. The week has gotten much better with much prayer from friends and God's grace. Thanks.

Thank you all, Cheryl

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2002-01-31 06:30 PM

His Poet,

Yes.  The poems that He gives us are for ourselves probably even more so than they are for anyone else ... and yes, I do read and re-read them over and over again to confirm and re-confirm my beliefs.  To have been given the talent to write from one's heart is truly a wonderful blessing, indeed, sent from GOD.  GOD bless you and again a very nice poem from your heart.

-Bob

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
9 posted 2002-01-31 07:04 PM

I am glad that you share your experience that others may be encouraged and blessed in sharing with and trusting in Jesus, who can so wonderfully help us through all life's vexations.  
You poem- is a bold statement that it works-the LORD IS the Great Physican & how often we need Him to be.

Thank you for blessing us with this poem,
       David

Every Day's a Blessing
And Gift-Wrapped from Above,
Share it with another
And Spread the Father's Love!!!

May You come to Know His Best Blessing

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

10 posted 2002-01-31 08:51 PM

Bob, thanks for answering and it's good to know that you too have to reaffirm these beliefs for yourself. I sometimes feel like an imposter when I read uplifting things I've written and on days when I'm down I wonder why I can't take my own advice. Thanks for sharing. Cheryl

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

11 posted 2002-01-31 08:53 PM

David, how nice of you to say such kind things. I certainly have to write myself affirmations of His goodness so I don't ever forget His mercy and love. Thanks for reading. Cheryl
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » When Tears Flow

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary