navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » I walk naked
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic I walk naked Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA

0 posted 2002-01-20 04:55 PM

I walk naked

"The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame."
NIV Genesis 2:25

When I am naked, free and bare
Nothing there, only skin and hair
Bright sunshine flowing through my soul
My spirit feels completely whole

There is no fence around my heart
Feel God's pulse in every part
As sunshine flows all through my soul
My body feels completely whole.

But when the weather is extreme
A North wind blows an icy stream
Discomfort flows all through my soul
No longer warm, just bitter cold.

Or summer's heat burns at my chin
I cover skin just keep it in
Discomfort flows throughout my soul
I am no longer feeling whole

Or insulate, evil looking
Skip the trust when lust is cooking
Don't want possession of my soul
By uninvited spirits, no!

I hide some parts from preying eyes
Of evil looks and fleshly lies
For there are times when clothes are right
Sometimes in day, sometimes at night.

And when I want to give my gifts
Or give my body pretty lifts
Whatever fits God's choice, above
I'll dress pretty for those I love.

But when alone with God, somewhere
I walk naked in clean fresh air,
And when I bare my thoughts to you
The words I write, they're naked, too.

I walk naked.

Copyright: Newell Elsworth Usher
Silver Streak of Silver Springs, Florida
January 20, 2002

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

© Copyright 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher - All Rights Reserved
His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

1 posted 2002-01-22 02:50 PM

Well, Newell, this was different. Wish I could agree that I enjoy walking around naked. I'm glad we've progessed to more than fig leaves. Now, if there were no mirrors, I might be able to handle it. I love your last stanza. Cheryl
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
2 posted 2002-01-22 03:38 PM

I shall echo Cheryl.

When I saw your title, before I came in to read, I found myself thinking...no matter how I'm dressed, with God, I am still naked. No matter how much I try to hide, He knows all that's deep inside. It's only beings just like me that have the inability to truly see...including me of me.

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
3 posted 2002-01-22 06:48 PM

Hi Cheryl,
Hi VAS!

Thanks for having the courage to reply. I often write controversial poems about being naked or use other controversial content in an attempt to open windows and let light shine on dark thoughts.

As far as walking naked, I believe that many people honestly believe that being naked is bad. Or worse, that it is bad to talk about it. And I believe that such thinking comes from illusions (lies) that we may have been taught that somehow, being naked is lustful. I believe that this kind of thinking may even have a bit of lust attached to it.

Lust, the desire to put ourselves first and own or possess another's possession, comes from Satan, where love, the desire to put other people first and give and help to meet the needs of our neighbor, comes from God. What we have in our hearts is lust or love.

Our bodies are the most precious fleshly thing we own, and to face the question of who has ownership is indeed scary. I believe that every person owns his or her own body, and is responsible for its care and protection. And each is free to share in love, according to whatever covenant under God that each agrees to. And while desire is a normal hormone-fed impulse, no one ever has the right to demand or try to possess another's body in lust. Even after marriage.

And I believe that the only way to remove any sin is to bring it out to light and burn it, not try to hide it.     I believe we can never receive forgiveness for dark things we hide from ourselves. They must be looked on by us, repented and released.

In order to free ourselves of all sin and shame, then, we need to be able to look at everything God made as good! When we do this we can feel completely open, without shame and talk to God in prayer about our choices. And feeling this way, we will also likely, not submit as easily to temptation and hurriedly judge others.

As far as enjoying  walking  naked, I believe that it is a personal choice. And to be truthful, I think that most of us actually look much more attractive when properly dressed. So the only good reason a person would ever want to walk naked is to enjoy being closer to God in the flesh, like in a fresh breeze under the sunshine.       

Secondly, I like to write about being naked as a metaphor for hiding our true hearts from ourselves, other people, and God, by dressing true thoughts in illusions. (Which I call dirty clothes) We twist our words and thoughts to fit our impulses, and often try to say what we want to believe, or desire people to hear.

I believe that while we need to be sensitive to the feelings of other souls, that we should carefully guard against leaving false impressions with others which I believe are downright lies. Like when we say we like what someone else likes, when we really don't, to make them feel good. Or when we just agree to shut them up.  Or remain silent and give the wrong impression, purposely.

These are my views on walking naked.

-newell

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (01-22-2002 07:07 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » I walk naked

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary