navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Broken
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Broken Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Oz
since 2002-01-18
Posts 13
South Carolina

0 posted 2002-01-18 07:42 PM

Shattered wings - blood drenched feathers
So many prayers have no answers
Crashing to Earth in a downward spiral
Prophesies unforeseen by the Bible
An audience stares from miles above
Hearts pour out with anguished love
A crash, a cringe, for now they know
Broken wings, tattered hearts, a shattered halo
An Angel from Heaven has just been torn
Loved ones gather, and begin to mourn
Tears of sadness ring louder than most
The Father’s, the Son’s, and the Holy Ghost’s
Why oh why did these events amass?
Because somewhere a child has just passed.

© Copyright 2002 Oz - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2002-01-18 07:53 PM

Hi Oz,

Welcome.  I read it.  I liked it.  And I will need to get back to you with comments because I need to go pick up my wife from work ..........  God bless you.

-Bob

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2002-01-18 07:56 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) Oh Oz, this is so so sad, my heart goes out to all these children and their families, and it always breaks my heart to see children pass away so young like this! (big hugggssssss) So sad but beautiful, sweet friend, you have a very loving and compassionate heart that shines in these words! Welcome to Passions, sweet Oz, may you be inspired by all of us here as we will all be inspired by your lovely words! (sigh) We all love you so much, sweet friend, I join you in your prayers and tears for all these children! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Oz, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
3 posted 2002-01-19 12:37 PM

I have to believe that in God's eyes that child had fulfilled her mission and we will see her again.  Love, Joyce
punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
4 posted 2002-01-19 01:24 AM

hi welcome to passions i hope you will be blessed here. please check your email for a special surprise.
robin

i have a wish but only a certain guy can fufill it!

[This message has been edited by poeticgirl01 (01-19-2002 02:53 AM).]

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

5 posted 2002-01-19 09:29 AM

Oh OZ, I am so totally speechless with this one, since I  have lost a son. I don't know what to say, it is so so awesome. floria
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2002-01-19 12:09 PM

Beautifully said. Tis so sad when a child dies, I think we are all parents of that child when it happens.

Welcome to our humble home.

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
7 posted 2002-01-19 12:14 PM

Oz,

Your poetry is very expressive and implores from your readers here much emotion.  I must say as a father that I love and adore my children very much and have a very high regard for life. For me to imgaine such an event as this truly breaks my heart ...
But I do know that I have a GOD who understands, because He also lost a child here on Earth.  Anyway, good poetry that I believe reflects very well the ideals of Heaven as children are taken from this Earth back to Heaven.  GOD bless you and again Welcome.

-Bob

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
8 posted 2002-01-19 12:23 PM

While we weep on earth, all heaven rejoices. Our children are God's most treasured jewels. Be not sad. Your child is preparing for your joyful reunion. God now has help to get ready for your coming. It is beautiful in heaven! You'll see.
-Silver Streak    

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

Oz
since 2002-01-18
Posts 13
South Carolina
9 posted 2002-01-19 02:46 PM

Hi all,
I really appreciate your welcome comments. I love hearing your different interpretations of my poem. Just so you you all know though I have not lost a child. I had a dream one night and my poem was about my dream. In short what my poem means to me is that everytime a child dies - so does their guardian angel. I don't know why it came to me like that but it did and I wanted to share it so thanks again for your comments.

Oz

BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
10 posted 2002-01-19 04:49 PM

Welcome! Lovely, but sad poem.
I do believe all of heaven cries when a child dies..tears of mourn for the pain of the one's left behind.
However the tears soon turn to rejoicing for another one's come home to heaven.

Deb

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Broken

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary