navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgotten
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Forgotten Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allstaria22
since 2000-06-11
Posts 83
MN USA

0 posted 2002-01-15 11:56 PM

alnone
at night
surrounded by the blackness
when before
I would call out Your name
now there is only
silence
memories
of love and comfort
pictures in my mind
of me smiling
joyously running in to Your arms
lighting my way
with Your truth
holding my hand in my fear
and so it becomes
a yearning
to find my way back
to You
or to simply
understand
that You are always
with me
holding out Your hand
always so patient
in Your love for me
and though I yearn
for You
and what once was
my selfishness overrides
my heart once again
and I leave you standing
there
waiting
and feeling
             forgotten.

Isaiah 1:18

"Everybody loves a rose, will you be thankful for the thorns?" -All Together Seperate

[This message has been edited by Allstaria22 (01-16-2002 02:13 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Dana Edmond - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2002-01-16 03:14 AM

Allstaria22,

Ahhhh ... This is so characteristic of Jesus ... but do not fret my friend, He will not stop knocking at your heart door until you open and let Him come back in.  Remember Jesus is a complete gentleman and He would never break down your door and barge in on you.  I know that He's just waiting for you to open so He can give you a big loving bear hug.  Jesus has never and will never stop loving you.  This is such a beautiful heartfelt poem and I sincerely thank you for sharing it with me.

-Bob

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
2 posted 2002-01-16 10:18 AM

Thank you for your beautiful poem. I note that you reference a wonderful Bible verse from Isaiah.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
NIV Isaiah 1:18

And when we reason together, we invite God in fully and completely, with faith, releasing every feeling and thought, for only then can we hear to what He has to say. Reasoning always requires complete openess.
-Silver Streak

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (01-16-2002 10:22 AM).]

strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

3 posted 2002-01-16 11:21 AM

This is so beautiful Allstaria, He will certainly wait on you. God bless. floria
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2002-01-16 11:31 AM

(big hugggsssssss) Oh Dana, this is sooooo sad but beautifully sentimental! He will come to you, sweet friend for His love is everywhere and He will come through your door and pull you into His arms of light and hold you close for dear life, for He is here for us all and His love never fails! (kiss on cheek) God Bless You, sweet friend, all our hearts are with you always! We all love you so much, sweet friend! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Dana, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

5 posted 2002-01-16 01:01 PM

Allstaria, you have done a beautiful job of describing most human hearts. We know His faithfulness and His love but the world tends to obsure the view of His goodness. Keep pushing forward, clearing everything out of your way, until the path is clear to Him. Loved you work. Cheryl

PS: you might want to check your spelling in this line: (though)I yearn for you, instead of(thought)

[This message has been edited by His Poet (01-16-2002 01:04 PM).]

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
6 posted 2002-01-17 06:06 PM

Allstaria, I suspect most of us have been in the place you describe so well in this poem -- leaving Jesus behind as we stubbornly do "our thing," while He looks on with love and longing in His eyes.  What an apt description of human behavior where the Lord is concerned.  Thanks for the poetic reminder that we should seek first His kingdom and its righteousness, instead of our own self-interests.

Traci

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
Eph. 2:8-9

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2002-01-17 10:29 PM

Oh, yes, been there, done that.  When I've strayed, I always get this feeling of uncertainty about being accepted back. Once back, I wonder why I'd ever have such a feeling.  Guess it's because of my unworthiness.  Nice poem.  Thanks for sharing.
  Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Forgotten

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary