navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » In the Dark, with Bogart.
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic In the Dark, with Bogart. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lord Kelath Von Saint
since 2001-12-13
Posts 16

0 posted 2001-12-22 05:17 AM

I sit here, in the dark. Watching, and waiting. my screen cursor blinks. It asks< "im ready". But nothing comes. I glance at the time. its so very late. Blurry, and past 2 a.m. i think. Well, im still here, Black and White bogart on the t.v shares my drink. Have another. Its real dark. my hands dance across these ivories. im backspacing again. The ice is melting. and i can hear a dog outside bark, underneath some flickering lampost. I look over at the t.v., and bogart looks at a person on screen, and saids, " Hey kid, why dont cha just get some sleep, put the cap on.", and I think he's talking to me.. So, k. im getting there. the screen is blank. and the cursor blinks. and it asks<"im ready."

© Copyright 2001 Lord Kelath Von Saint - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-12-22 04:36 PM

(giggles with delight) Oh my gosh, I know just what you mean, I saw Humphrey Bogart recite that line too in the movie! (smiles) It is funny how such simple things can motivate us so much and always be remembered! (big hugggssssss) I hope you had a great sleep, sweet friend, we all love you so much! (sigh) You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Kelath, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2001-12-23 03:21 PM

You must be an old movie fan!  I must admit some of them were really good. Hope you eventually got some sleep!

Betty Lou Hebert

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » In the Dark, with Bogart.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary