navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Must We Go Back?
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Must We Go Back? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2001-09-16 01:50 AM

Today over fifteen thousand of us men filled the San Jose Arena for a Promise Keepers Convention.  We were asked by the Christian leaders of our land to give in support of the many needs that are being required in the New York area.  Before the call was finished being sent out to us, men began to give... and give we did.   We continued to give of our finances until the stage became filled with blessings for the work of the Lord and our hearts became filled with  exceeding great Joy.  God bless you my friends and may we never doubt nor forget the powerful blessings of our great and marvelous Savior Jesus Christ and the compassion of a people who are called by His Name.   -Bob

Must We Go Back?

Must we go back to living
   The way we used to be
   Before the world's disaster
   And Christian unity?

Must we go back to normal
   Again to build the towers
   Only trusting in ourselves
   And not in Godly powers?

Must we go back to raise up
   A fortress of our dreams
   Around humanistic ways
   And dark Satanic schemes?

Must we go back to working
   For our ungodly gain
   Which will never satisfy
   And only bring us pain?

Must we go back I'm asking
   Or may we grow a bit
   Continue in our giving
   And hopeful learn from it?

Must we go back I wonder
   Can we continue on
   With our love of caring
   And let our past be gone?

Must we go back I think not
   If we will win this war
   And find our God is making
   A world worth fighting for.

-Lighthouse Bob

© Copyright 2001 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
1 posted 2001-09-16 12:57 PM

Amen Bob ~ What a beautiful piece this is, and how I will hold on to this hope that you have so wonderfully expressed.  Thanks.  Bonnie
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
2 posted 2001-09-16 02:26 PM

It this doesn't change us as a nation I don't know what would. Personally it has changed me. These are indeed a sign of the the Lord's soon return. Watch and pray.
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2001-09-16 05:53 PM

Bob:  Wonderful poem and I don't think we can go back to what we were, as a country or as a people.  The impact of this week has just been too great.  I am hoping a new unity will prevail and a greater belief in God and His powers.

Betty Lou Hebert

cpalmer
since 2001-06-26
Posts 977
Phoenix, Az
4 posted 2001-09-16 11:02 PM

Amen!
I don't think going back is the way to go...we must go forward and appreciate this land as God intended it to be!
Thanks for sharing this...I really love it
Cindi

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
5 posted 2001-09-16 11:28 PM

Thank you friends for your responses.  Latest update was that over $104,000.00 was thrown on the stage that day for the City of New York.  Here is the Promise Keepers Web Site so you can read about this event for yourself.  Click Here> Promise Keepers     Thanks again for your comments.  God is truely doing miraculous things in America today.  God bless you.   -Bob
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Must We Go Back?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary