navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Ashes to Ashes
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ashes to Ashes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL

0 posted 2000-01-04 04:53 PM

ASHES TO ASHES

End my pain.
End my walking dead hours on this earth.
Oh God take what you have made,and destroy it.
You gave it no life.
You gave it a shell.
You took its life by taking those that it cared      for.
Oh God take what you have made,destroy it.
Return to dust what from dust was made.

March 9, 1995
  by Kimberly Kathleen
  All rights reserved Kelly Maria Kosa

This would of been up sooner but I've been sick sick.  Still sitting with my box of Kleenex and Rudolph nose!  

I love the male body, it's better designed than the male mind.---Andrea Newman

© Copyright 2000 Kelly M. Kosa - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-01-04 08:16 PM

Sorry to hear your sick     This sounds very sad. He will not take back though, for everyone has a reason to be here to fulfill His will.  We all go through trials and sufferings, but if we didn't, then we wouldn't enjoy the good times so much.

<*\\\><
Where there is faith,
there is love.
Where there is love,
there is peace.
Where there is peace,
there is GOD.
Where there is GOD,
there is no need.

Hallmark

Felix
since 1999-12-15
Posts 78
USA
2 posted 2000-01-04 08:54 PM

Everyone that God has put on this earth has a purpose, no matter how big or small you might think it is, you matter just as much as the next person. YOU are what makes the world go round babe. And just cause you can't see exactly what that purpose is yet doesn't mean there ain't one still. Keep your head up and get well soon. (If anything you are here to write us wonderful poetry)

Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of being a king, and then became one?

- Neil Diamond

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
3 posted 2000-01-05 03:51 AM

I can tell that you have alot of hurt and pain, Jesus loves you, and he can help heal your heart, take away your saddness,God loves you....he gave you life, your life is a precious gift! You will be used by him to be that precious gift to many people! Hope your feeling better soon...physically and spiritually!

"Unto every life, A little love must fall!"

blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
4 posted 2000-01-06 05:00 PM

I don't think there are to many people alive that don't question God and His almighty wisdom at one time or another. I also believe that many people have felt so low as to wonder why they should go on living.  It is just that some people take their lives and some don't.  You guys all write cheerful poetry about how wonderful things are all the  time, just thought I'd show ya a different twist!  

And the sick part, its a cold that is lasting way longer then I prefer, topped with strep throat.  Still feel like their is someone sitting on my chest that I can't remove!

mirjam
since 1999-11-24
Posts 246
Auckland, New Zealand
5 posted 2000-01-06 09:12 PM

blueyz75 i join you in sickness - i filled my rubbish bin with snotty tissues in just 3 hours!  I think it's good that you are sharing with us your thoughts from seasons of your walk with God - the darker times when life seems hardly worth living are just as important as those when life is largely full of joy.  Let our words into your heart though - let God's whisper "I love you, i created you, i have a plan for you, i treasure you as you are" into your heart and know that even though you seem weighed down by the trials of this life, it is but a temporary home and God is your refuge here until He takes you Home to be with Him.  You are a mighty child of God and just around the corner are cool things waiting to be achieved by YOU.  Hang in there, and keep sharing with us your thoughts!  God bless you and keep you, and restore your health!!!

blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
6 posted 2000-01-08 04:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that I have figured out what great things await me.  First go around, wasn't quite sure what I wanted, then when I got something I hated it.  Hence, round two of my current job training (getting certified to teach at the masters level).  I just hope the plan includes some cash rewards.  I'd like to pay off that dagnabit school loan hanging over my head and then MOVE OUT!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2000-01-08 04:41 PM

Hope you're feeling better.  In '96 I had such horribly swollen, painful joints, I became helpless and felt much like your poem describes.  I couldn't imagine ever being well again, but God knew differently.  He's all powerful and see your circumstances.  Bless you
blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
8 posted 2000-01-08 07:52 PM

I think we all go through phases where we feel like crap.  Just don't know what to do about it.  The moments where we feel like all is right as it should be are often few and far between.  

Kelly

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
9 posted 2000-01-09 04:29 PM

Hi kelly-

I can't say I've never felt so low I didn't want to deal with the next day, but prayers to die aren't a good idea, I don't think. He wants you to seek Him out when you feel that low.

About the poetry... this is the first one I've read by you and it looks as though you have a good command of the language and a love to write! Please keep writing and posting.

And also.... I don't often write "cheerful poetry about how good things are" myself.... on the contrary...usually I write poetry about confusion and pain and anger and stuff like that. Just to let you know.

Nice to meet you. Thanks for looking me up on ICQ. Talk to you soon. Be well. And be well fed by seeking out enlightenment and peace. If ANYBODY knows about suffering, it's God. When you're feeling low like this, remember the pain and agony Christ suffered, how people treated Him, how they nailed Him to the cross, how the blood ran from His pierced hands and feet. That blood was shed to take your suffering away.

hang in there.... doreen

blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
10 posted 2000-01-09 09:37 PM

Not everything I write is a downer, but some of it is.  Sometimes we don't know how we are feeling until it comes out on paper!

and Doreen, just remember you are on my list now (the good one I mean)  

Kelly

Majestic
since 2000-01-11
Posts 264
houston, tx.
11 posted 2000-01-15 11:39 PM

To live in death is to be death; So why not
"Live"?

Though the melodramatic is not my fav. your poem is a reminder of how we all feel sometimes.. good job...

blueyz75
since 1999-12-28
Posts 138
IL
12 posted 2000-01-17 05:41 PM

Not trying to be melodramatic, just telling how I feel on paper.     That is me for better or worse.

Kelly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Ashes to Ashes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary