navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » On Wings of Grace
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic On Wings of Grace Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ellie LeJeune
Member Elite
since 2000-01-10
Posts 4156
King of Prussia, PA USA

0 posted 2001-03-18 09:50 AM

I weep today.
Let the tears wash clean my soul.
I know You hold me, Lord, tenderly,
and that it is Your Grace that flows,
with every tear I shed.

This is the end of it.

The pain of betrayal, wounds of loss.
A father whose anger was greater than love,
a husband whose addiction rules his life.

A wound of never knowing....
what love feels like...

I don't know how I know,
but there is a knowing,
that a new dawn is appearing,
arising into my soul,
on tender and subtle wings of Grace.

A friend hears the song in my heart, and sings it to me when my memory fails.

© Copyright 2001 ellie LeJeune - All Rights Reserved
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
1 posted 2001-03-18 03:22 PM

Yes Ellie, God is holding you in the palm of his hand, protecting you and loving through it all. You are like a bird that sings through the storm. There may be more tears to be shed but rest content that God cares and understands.. Love you my friend.
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2001-03-18 05:33 PM

May that "new dawn" be everything you are anticipating!

Betty Lou Hebert

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
3 posted 2001-03-18 05:56 PM

Yes, Ellie, even when we know the deep and wondrous love of God, there are times when human love seems to be denied us and it hurts so terribly. Sometimes it's because the person doesn't know how to love...they don't know the TrueLover, or sometimes they love but just have not learned how to express it. No matter what, He loves you, He gave His very being to show you how much He cared. His sacrifice was the only one that could make the real difference, too.

Heartfelt poem well written.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2001-03-18 07:56 PM

A very touching piece, ellie. I can relate to the hurts, having experienced much the same, but the knowledge of Christ's unconditional, consistant total love for you comforts amidst the pain. He must have something very special in your future, you're being prepared for. I wish I could sit and hold your hand and hug you right now. You're such an inspiration. Thank you for writing and sharing this.
Love, Rae

WEEBEE3
since 2000-09-28
Posts 36

5 posted 2001-03-19 06:48 AM

Dear Ellie,
I feel your hurt of dissapointment, disillusionment, of being abandoned and let down by one with whom you've shared so much of your life. But I am glad it doesn't stop there! I also feel the realistic and uplifting hope that there will be better days ahead and fulfillment in many ways not yet percieved. Keep on believing!
Your Friend David

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
6 posted 2001-03-19 10:19 PM

Oh Ellie your poem brings tears to my eyes.
I'm so sorry you have to endure this, I've been through it, and I know how deeply it hurts.

Soon my friend you shall be through the storm, and God will bring you to new beginnings. The greatest love we'll ever know is through God, even though we need that human love as well, and it's heart breaking when we don't get it.

Big hugs Ellie, and God's continued blessings.

kcsgrandma
since 2000-09-24
Posts 1522
Presque Isle, ME
7 posted 2001-03-20 12:18 PM

Ellie, there is little I can add to what has been said already, but I too feel there is something wonderful in store for you. Thank you for sharing this remarkable poem. You are an inspiration. hugs

To love another person is to see the face of God.
- Les Miserables

Marilyn

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2001-03-21 03:06 PM

Ellie,

Durring these times expressed are the moments that we feel the closest to Christ
for He also wept for a world that rejected Him and His Love toward mankind.... what you feel in not uncommon among humankind, but to forgive and to go on forgiving through the hurt and the pain that you endure and endured is Christ like. I admonish you for your strength to stand for what is good and right in the eyes of God. I admonish you for your courage to stand and proclaim yourself a victom and not the advocate of evil. I want to encourage you on this one matter..... YOU DO KNOW LOVE!!!! It is he that is searching and has not discovered what true love is, yet.

Bob <><

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2001-03-25 08:17 AM

Ellie - how I love to see your hope flicker into the "know" and grow....
Stephanos
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-31
Posts 3618
Statesboro, GA, USA
10 posted 2001-03-26 11:17 PM

Ellie,

I can't say much more than has been said, but I love your testimony to grace. Grace conquers all wrongs done to us and enables us to forgive. We are stronger after going through such things as we have tasted (in but a very small part) what is the sufferings of Christ who suffered the supreme injustices of men, yet prayed "Father forgive them, they know not what they do."

your friend,
Stephen.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » On Wings of Grace

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary